Buying A Terminator

gvignoli

Jul 25, 2017
Hey everyone,
So this might come up alot but I feel like the answer changes depending on the year. I've seen some older posts giving advice but wanted to know what everyone thinks now.

I'm looking at buying a 2003 terminator. It's gray with a black convertible top. It's got 118,000 miles and the carfax shows six owners with one accident in 2009. The seller is asking $15,000 for it. It's been garage kept buy an adult with a few other stangs and cobras.

I thought this was a good price what does everyone else think?

Mods: 2.7 pully, cold air kit, borla X-pipe and axle back, bama tune. Other than that, stock.

I really think it's a good price, but that's because I looked at what others are asking on eBay and Craigslist.

Thanks in advanced

• Sponsors (?)

Verts are typically cheaper cause no one wants a vert. :)

6 owners in a modded performance car would scare me a bit but not be a deal changer if the car is clean. 118k of abuse is a lot and expect to have to do a lot of maintenance etc on it.

What was the crash info and how was it fixed?

Verts are typically cheaper cause no one wants a vert. :)

6 owners in a modded performance car would scare me a bit but not be a deal changer if the car is clean. 118k of abuse is a lot and expect to have to do a lot of maintenance etc on it.

What was the crash info and how was it fixed?

Well the Carfax doesn't give any detailed information on the crash, so I really don't know.

I agree 6 owners is a lot and the mileage is worrisome.

As far as maintenance goes, the current owner changed all fluids. Blower oil, motor oil, trans oil. He even replaced one of the idler pullies (closest to blower snout). But it does make a small whine only at idle. He claims its the belt because when he removed the belt, the whining stopped. But, I know that has to be one of the pullies then....right?

maybe I'll offer him a little less...