Buying parts but need help please!

VetteEater

Sep 13, 2004
EARTH
Hi Guys,

Need some help on where to shop as well as a couple general questions.

So far we have brand new VT sage 2 NA cams, Manley springs, and cam gears lined up for $800 shipped new (I think is a steal!!). If that falls through I found a place to get brand new Crower stage 2 high lifts with crower springs for a similar price.

Found a place for FRPP 3.73 gears with installation kit and bearing kit for around $280 shipped. Is that a good price?

I'm having trouble with the exhaust however. BBK has a good price for long tubes (around $450) but I don't want to deal with the tranny interference issue. Hooker is very expensive and can't find any hedmans Can someone point out a place to find that. Also, since we are going long tubes we will have to go with a short x-pipe correct?

Another thing I am having issues on is finding a damn intake manifold. I found the Trick flow street heat but on the pricing I can't tell if it's th whole package (plenum and lower manifold) or just the lower monifold. Can someone point out a place to get them. Or a better intake manifold that isn't outrageous on the pricing.

What clutch does everyone recommend given the torque this set-up will make?

The throttle body will most likely be a BBK but that may change and I can find TB's anywhere for the 4.6.

We are going we an MSD 6al package as well. Also going with the SCT XcalII and a larger MAF. I think stock fuel will be sufficient for the power increase but we'll see.

The car already has a K&N intake and piping and a h-pipe back flowmaster exhaust and that's it on the mods. We were going to go with Patriot stage II heads but decided to hold off until later this summer. Is there anything else I should add to the list or is this a good start. I'm new to the modular mustangs. ;)

Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks!

Take care,
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

1. Mac LTs if you're tight on the funds, they make power right up there with the best of them. Make sure they are ceramic coated, and buy some wrap to go around them to keep the heat in the headers and not in the engine bay.
Kooks LTs if you want to spend a little more money for an all around excellent product.

2. Yes, you are going to need a short midpipe. If you go with the MAC LTs, get the matching Pro Chamber, while you're at it, you might as well get the MAC Catback....

3. A King Cobra clutch is good for 400hp applications. After that, I would look into getting a SPEC IV or a CenterForce Dual Friction.

4. Yeah, I heard the TFS Intake is pretty darn good for the price...

5. I didn't read any mention suspension upgrades. All of that extra power isn't going to do you any good if you can't get the power to the pavement. Sometimes a good suspension package can make you faster than some engine bolt-ons.

6. Think about getting an electric water pump and maybe a dual electric fan. Of course this can wait until you get that Supercharger....:nice: