Buying SCT2 tune from? Tune?

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Looking into buying an SCT2 and want to make sure the place I get it from will give a tune with the purchase in accordance to my mods. It doesn't seem like MPH sends out their tuners with a tune. Modulardepot and MustangTuning do.

I don't know how well I'd trust MT's tune, and I heard from a fellow member that ModularDepot can be crap. I don't know. Where did you guys get your SCT2 from? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

stay away from JMS. I had to use premium fuel AND Octane Booset @ the track with their Mid-Grade tune bc I got pinging as soon as 4750rpms. I bought from them bc they had the best deal.

helty said:
stay away from JMS. I had to use premium fuel AND Octane Booset @ the track with their Mid-Grade tune bc I got pinging as soon as 4750rpms. I bought from them bc they had the best deal.

Mental note taken. Thanks for the heads up Helty! Since you hopped in, I'm also buying a catback and midpipe. Looking at the Magnaflows (not packs) and catted H. Don't know which catted H to get...:bang:

umm.....I dont know, is material an issue? If you need stainless then MRT is the only way to go but $$$$$. I'd just get a BBK H. Dont recall hearing that combo before, but the clips of regular magnaflows I have heard sounded better than I thought they would. Ive always heard that they are real quiet, but Ive heard some that sound pretty damn good.

AmBo said:
I've just heard that packs are very loud. No?
yeah, packs are loud and are my #1 disliked sound, just dont tell anyone bc one of my friends has them (w/ O/R X and it sounds......anyway)

imblown-ru said:
dynospeed. they will load you with very good tunes. trust me. i have one
yeah, dynospeed is a newer shop out of memphis that doesnt get near as much recognition as MPH or MD, but they are awesome! They've had several features in MMFF and 5.0, including May 06 Cover of 5.0 for winning Nitto KOTS competition with a twin turbo 03 Cobra :drool: They'll be tuning my car whenever the hell I decide what I want to do with it.

just call and talk to joe at dynospeed. He will probably have it shipped out the next day for you. But try and get all the boltons you want before you order it, so he can tune it for the most gain, or tell him to make you two tunes, one for what you have now and one for what your gonna do.

MPH mail order

MPH does do mail order tunes. I got one after i did the PI swap and emailed them all my mods. Got the tuner in about 2-1/2 weeks. NOT 1 problem, no pinging or detonation anywhere and definately a seat of your pants difference. Very happy with MPH!!