• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Buzzing problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeffnoel
  • Start date Start date Aug 15, 2005

jeffnoel

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2002
1,638
5
37
Clovis, CA
Aug 15, 2005
#1
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #1
Ok, I've got an 02 GT with the Mach 460. I have replaced the head unit using the proper Metra harness and I have an intermitant buzz. Sometimes no buzz, sometimes so irritating you just turn off the tunes. I know this is related to a ground issue but need some advice. This weekend I did some investigation and pulled out the stereo from the dash so I could rattle the wiring harness and see if I could get the buzz to start/stop, no luck. It had had a constant slight buzz that didn't fluctuate. Then I disconnected the antenna just for grins since I was playing a CD to see if the buzz would go away. Well not only did the buzz go away but the stereo lost power, plugged the antenna back in power came back, huh. Do the Mach 460 get there ground through the antenna mount? Any help would be appreciated.

PS My battery has been relocated to the trunk, I haven't yet connected the former battery NEG cable to the chassis could that be part of my issue.
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Aug 15, 2005
#2
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #2
the ant. is a ground,but not the main ground,the HU also grounds through the dash and brackets sometimes,but you definately have a ground issue. Try adding a ground to the HU case?
 

VPStang

Founding Member
Oct 1, 2002
346
0
16
bHAM, alabama
Aug 16, 2005
#3
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #3
yeah--u need to ground that puppy somewhere--make your own and run it to the ground wire on the h/u
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
2002 V6 3.8L Help Me
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • Apr 4, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
50
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 12, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
383
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
A
Resolved 03 GT Parasitic Draw Fuse 26 (PCM)
  • Antrix
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
829
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 24, 2025
89ripper
G
2006 Mustang GT o2 Sensor Wiring Issue Car Bogging/Choking
  • GCantero93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
1976 Cobra II fuse problem - Solved (I hope)
  • Rick Tanner
  • Jan 8, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
2
Views
331
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jan 8, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?