c and l and bbk cold air induction

noslow1986

Mar 25, 2006
oswego Il
i bought a c and l mass air meter will this work with a cold air induction in the fenderwell. now i used ran the filter at the end of the mass air meter and it ran likes **** because for some reason. it couldnt read the air coming in at all directions i dont have the factory box. is that the only way it will work anybody else have simliar problems

• Sponsors (?)

Your likely getting fan wash if the element is exposed and it's screwing your maf's reading...install a shield or change of set up might help. Could try clocking the meter (rotating it 90 degrees) to see if it helps, I head it does.

I have a c & l meter as well. Should I use the stock air box with a k&n filter or I have a march ram air system that I can use. The march setup has the air box inside and takes a conical filter. Will the march system gain me a lot more air than the stock box without messing with the maf sensor?

There may be other companies that supply the type of air filter shield you are looking for.

MY EXPERIENCE
I have been using a Conical air filter on the end of my C&L for several years. I don't seem to have any problems with fan wash.
Still, that does not mean that fan wash isn't your problem.

The fenderwell cai may or may not work as well.
The issue with the fenderwell cai kits is that they put a 90* bend just before the MAF. The 90* bend produces non linear flow in the MAF, so the MAF readings will vary depending on how the MAF is oriented.

hope we were able to help,
jason