C&L Intake manifold. Technical article but VERY informative.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks tommyroc for the post:nice:
So basicaly if you stay N/A you may get better results by cleaning up the runners on the stock manifold instead of upgrading to the heavier cast aluminum one.

That article is pretty old. FAST was supposed to be making one, too, but when they got done, it didn't come close to yielding the 40HP that it claimed, so they went back to the drawing board. But at this point, will all the research going into them, it'll cost a mint to buy one if they release them.

I found an article to the F.A.S.T. intake too, it's also taller then stock like the C&L but still has the twisted runner like stock, they didn't get much into the tech of their intake leading me to believe that it was a bust. The C&L intake looks more promising especially if somebody comes out with a wicked set of heads and cams!!! :nice:

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong but you want the aluminum to draw out heat from intake charge. BTW is that C&L all aluminum? I thought it was ABS plastic. :shrug:

The C&L standard elbow is aluminum, the one with the Racer Kit is plastic. Myself very happy with the C&L racer kit.

Went from 258hp stock to 304hp with C&L Racer, UD pulleys, Bassiani X-pipe, and Brenspeed tune.

No I do not want an alum. intake because alum will absorb heat making the incoming air hotter, thus a power loss. So I was saying that the gain in C&L's design may be lost because of the alum getting hot. Hope that helps.