• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

C&L vs PRO-M

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slow5.0
  • Start date Start date Aug 4, 2004

Slow5.0

Active Member
Feb 13, 2003
2,554
0
46
Portland, OR
Aug 4, 2004
#1
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #1
I have problem with my Stang after I installed heads and cam, looks like I have wrong MASS (I have one PRO-M 75mm for 24# from fox-body) looks like I runn TOO LEAN and I have pinging really bad,
I wanna buy BRAND NEW mass (not like last time I buy used one) but I don't know which one is better, people say PRO-M works better but C&L is cheapper and cheapper for getting bigger tube for bigger injectors
 

95snoozer

Active Member
Dec 14, 2002
2,572
1
48
RCR
Aug 4, 2004
#2
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #2
pro m 80 or 77

dont mess with the c&l or you are asking for trouble.

whats your timing at? put it at 10 until you tune it despite what your mechanic says.
 

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
3,352
2
58
Poughkeepsie, NY
Aug 4, 2004
#3
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #3
Pro-M 77 or 80mm the only 2 meters you should even consider imo....


Anthony
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Aug 4, 2004
#4
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #4
I've ran both on my fox and the c&l made better power everywhere and when i had 24lb injectors, it idled a hell of a lot better then the 80mm pro m. I have the pro m on the car now with 30's and the maf is for 24's. I made it work with a remote optimizer.
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 4, 2004
#5
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #5
If you plan on getting a professional dyno tune with a chip, I'd get a C&L.

If you plan on using a Tweecer, I'd get a Pro-M.

Joe
 

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
1,184
2
38
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Aug 4, 2004
#6
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #6
I have a Pro-M 75mm Bullet and it has ran perfectly. Supposedly the C&L has more issues because it produces the signal by fooling the computer, so its not the most precise measurement.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 4, 2004
#7
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #7
Ive had a C&L for over a yr now and its run fine on the car when it was N/A and since its been supercharged. Even though I have no issues w/ it I want to switch to a PRO-M 80MM calibrated for a S/C so it will run richer up top but I did have probs w/ running lean on the dyno, weather it was the C&L or not Im not sure but I want to try Pro-M so I can decided for myself on which one is better.
 

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
14,679
424
154
Boca Raton, Florida
Aug 4, 2004
#8
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #8
Four years ago when I had my bullet meter and 24# injector fiasco, Pro-M told me they were having problems. Maybe you got one of those. I had to return my meter 2 times before selling it on Ebay. I also have owned a C&L meter and it sucked bad to. The Pro-M 77 meter has cleaned up many messes for me. It's out of a Fox body as well.
 

GTJake

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
3,049
0
56
Ann Arbor, MI
Aug 4, 2004
#9
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #9
Joes95GT said:
If you plan on getting a professional dyno tune with a chip, I'd get a C&L.

If you plan on using a Tweecer, I'd get a Pro-M.

Joe
Click to expand...

Why? Do you think a C&L is better when it can be fully tuned up?

Jake
 

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
1,175
0
36
North Carolina
Aug 4, 2004
#10
  • Aug 4, 2004
  • #10
I'm running a Pro M 80mm since I did my HCI and although the computer is still learning the changes, I don't have any pinging, even in the extreme desert heat! I would without a doubt by a Pro M over a C&L.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
turbo advice
  • hawkinsdrag
  • May 5, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
553
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2025
hoopty5.0
T
  • Locked
Digital Tuning A9l issue or something else
  • Tufgriz
  • Sep 11, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
323
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2025
Noobz347
T
Fuel Looking for a little guidance
  • Tufgriz
  • Sep 11, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
423
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 12, 2025
Noobz347
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Today at 5:48 PM
from6to8
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
133
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?