C3 Corvette for 1990 fox Convertible

90limited

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2002
Port Charlotte FL
Hmmm... Was @ a local cruise this weekend and was offered a trade. Guy wants to trade a 1979 L82 4sp vette for my 1990 limited convertible. While not a slam dunk, I must say that I am interested. It was a decent looking car with the spoiler package. The exterior was about the same condition as my fox. The interior was about a 6 or so out of 10. My interior is brand new and is a 10. He said he need the back seat of the mustang for his kids. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Ill trade you mine, it was in a magazine, I call it sonic cherry. Here are the pix, I have more if you need them

50mustang2.jpg

engine bay
114657d1288720604-smoothing-cleaning-engine-bay-questions-1989-mustang-engine-bay-cleaned-up01.jpg

Some questions you must ask yourself:

1. Are you over 60?

2. Is your penis really small?

3. Do you like shiny silver nylon jackets with "Corvette" down one sleeve?

4. Do you still wear the same hairstyle that you wore when you graduated high school in 1974?

5. Do you wear deck shoes with no socks and the collar of your Polo shirt turned up?

If you answered "yes" to the above questions, feel free to make the trade.

Bear in mind that the L82 in 1979 was rated the same horsepower as your Mustang and weighed a little more. So performance will be no better. It all boils down to do you want to hang out with Corvette guys (see above) or Mustang guys.

Some questions you must ask yourself:

1. Are you over 60?

2. Is your penis really small?

3. Do you like shiny silver nylon jackets with "Corvette" down one sleeve?

4. Do you still wear the same hairstyle that you wore when you graduated high school in 1974?

5. Do you wear deck shoes with no socks and the collar of your Polo shirt turned up?

To funny... Let me see if I can address your questions

1. not yet but getting closer and feel over 60 most days....
2. Why? Are you looking for a date. Sorry but my door does not swing that way.
3. I know a guy that has a shinny silver jacket with mustang down one sleeve.
4. Kind of hard to have the same hairstyle as most of my hair has left the building like Elvis.
5. Wear deck shoes with no socks all the time, but I have no shirt, as I am on my boat.......

Trade one of the rarest Fox Mustangs ever for one of the slowest, most common Corvettes ever?

Corvettes are neat, but I wouldn't trade MY car for any Corvette that came out of the late 70s. But it's your stuff, you do with it as you please! :nice:

I had a body man tell me one time the fiberglass bodies can be a nightmare with age. Here's a quote from Hemmings:

"Body Corvettes were among the first production automobiles to use reinforced fiberglass bodies, and they have a reputation for remaining rust- and dent-free virtually forever. But unlike steel panels that bolt on, working with damaged fiberglass requires special skills. Carefully inspect a car's body for wavy bodywork, uneven panel gaps or overspray on trim. A good tip for checking front body alignment is to line up the nose center point with the roof's center T-top seam, and if it is off, something is awry. Check the fiberglass inner surface where possible; original press-molded panels will have two smooth sides, while aftermarket parts often have an unfinished side. "Look around the corners of the hood," suggests Kenny Yager, director of research and development for Mid America Motorworks of Effingham, Illinois. "Cracks will appear in flexible places, and you can tell if it's been broken before." Not all of the Corvette body is fiberglass, though; the steel frames that support the doors can rust if drain holes are obscured, and the steel floor pan will rust if moisture sits under the carpets."

I was a state inspector years ago. One day I drove a 98 Z28, a 97 Vette, and a 78 Vette pace car survivor. The Z was cool, the C5 was awesome (plan to get a C5/C6 someday due to this drive), and the vette was extremely slow, ill handling, and rode terrible. That car was a prime example too, I would never consider one. Of course my taste in vehicles is pretty different from most others, but there is it.

I can not stress enough, how big of a piece of **** those 3rd Generation Corvettes were.....all of them, it doesn't matter what engine they're sporting under the hood. The car itself is a steaming pile! They're heavy, they rattle, nothing fits right, nothing works right, they're rot magnets and they're slllllooooooowwwww!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!! :nono: