Cai Hitting Strut Bar

utemachine

Nov 7, 2015
I have a. 89 Saleen and I just bought a BBK CAI that's hitting the stock strut tower bar. Is there a different intake anyone knows of that would clear the bar?

I also have an Edlebrock performer intake manifold I'm about to send off to powder coat and I'm wondering if that's going to hit the bar as well.

• Sponsors (?)

I got the AEM to fit! It took a little modifying but it fits and works great. I had to trim 1/8" from the top of the pipe and 1/4 in of the rubber off the filter. This allowed the room to angle the tube under the strut bar and fit the cone on as there is less space when angled into the bottom corner.

It's super solid without using the old MAF mounting bracket. Because of the new install angle if I want to use the bracket I will definitely need to modify it. However, it is solid without the bracket so not sure if I will use or not.

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    652.9 KB · Views: 174
I got the AEM to fit! It took a little modifying but it fits and works great. I had to trim 1/8" from the top of the pipe and 1/4 in of the rubber off the filter. This allowed the room to angle the tube under the strut bar and fit the cone on as there is less space when angled into the bottom corner.

It's super solid without using the old MAF mounting bracket. Because of the new install angle if I want to use the bracket I will definitely need to modify it. However, it is solid without the bracket so not sure if I will use or not.
Is it really a CAI if the filter in the engine bay?

Is the strut bar original or did it come off of something? Take a picture of how it is mounted and you may be able to run a spacer to give extra clearance.