Exhaust Cali Smog /Rattling Cats

• Sponsors (?)

Sure they aren't the heat shields?

But like said, if they rattle, it's likely you are betting bypass and higher emissions anyway.
it isnt the heat shields, i went under and checked. the sound is clearly inside the pipe on the driver side in between the rear and forward cats...so when the cats insides are rattling, is it going to be in the honeycomb itself? because i took the forward pipe off and nothing fell out, so im assuming the rattling object is in between the honeycomb in the cat?

Could be broken on the other side.

The honeycomb is fused to the pipe itself, so when they start to break apart is when you get the noises. Where it breaks would determine where you see loose parts. Sometimes they stay intact but are loose in the pipe, and other times chunks fall out somewhere

May-5-Catalytic-Converter-03-65443.jpg

This a stock 4-cat pipe? It's possible the broken area is in between the two cats where you can't see or anything can fall out

Could be broken on the other side.

The honeycomb is fused to the pipe itself, so when they start to break apart is when you get the noises. Where it breaks would determine where you see loose parts. Sometimes they stay intact but are loose in the pipe, and other times chunks fall out somewhere

May-5-Catalytic-Converter-03-65443.jpg

This a stock 4-cat pipe? It's possible the broken area is in between the two cats where you can't see or anything can fall out
it isnt between the cats because i was able to separate the x-pipe section from the driver side forward exhaust pipe that has the forward cat on it. It is a 3 piece component held together by band clamps. i was able to look at the honeycomb screen on both sides and on both pieces (x-pipe and forward pipe) and they were intact, not disturbed or broken. However, i do remember prior to the rattling (maybe a month) i did see small metal particles (small enough to fit thru the hioneycomb screen i think) on the ground that were obviously spat out the exhaust tailpipe. maybe that was the platinum?
E4517FDB-91A5-4922-98A2-20178BDD8948.jpeg