California Registration Help!

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums and I don't know much about the smog laws etc.. I am going to purchase an 88 lx vert in Washington tomorrow and was wondering what the process would be to get it registered in California. I've heard there might be different emissions equipment for CA cars and any help would be extremely appreciated! (the car was originally from Canada if that makes a difference)

• Sponsors (?)

Even in California:

If you have all of the smog equipment that originally came on the car and it is in working order: You are good to go.

However, you still have to meet the sniffer test requirements for the year, make, and model of your car.

There were and are, Mustangs that were specifically manufactured to be sold in California. That does not, however, exclude your vehicle from being legal so long as it meets the initial OEM requirements of the car.

Welcome Aboard, BTW! :SN:

Reactions: 1 user
Even in California:

If you have all of the smog equipment that originally came on the car and it is in working order: You are good to go.

However, you still have to meet the sniffer test requirements for the year, make, and model of your car.

There were and are, Mustangs that were specifically manufactured to be sold in California. That does not, however, exclude your vehicle from being legal so long as it meets the initial OEM requirements of the car.

Welcome Aboard, BTW! :SN:

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 user