Cam Advice For A Supercharged 331 Stroker

blotte1

Sep 30, 2016
Hello folks! I am seeking advice on selecting a camshaft for an engine build project. My goal is to build a killer 331 with forced induction. I have recently purchased a 302 SHP Dart engine block and plan to outfit it with all forged internals (Scat crank, Scat h-beam rods, and Mahle pistons). The compression ration would be slightly less than 9.2:1. From my previous set-up I have a AFR 185 cc racing cylinder heads (#1492), Vortech V2 supercharger (10-12 psi), GT40 tubular intake, 75 mm throttle body, 42 # injectors (MAF calibrated to match), Aeromotive 340 lph in-tank fuel pump, Tremec TKO500 transmission, and 3.73 gears. I prefer to stay hydraulic roller and would like to spin the motor no more than 6500 revs. My goal is to put down a lot of power but have a good street ride, as well. What grind specs should I look for given the direction I am going? Is there a good off the shelf cam that would be perfect for my build? FYI...I do like a choppy cam but not sure how well that works with forced induction. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)