Cam Guru's in Here-Life Story..heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

definitely ...c am motion makes good stuff

if not then call up anderson ford motorsports... and he will talk to you in person. one of their class winning blower cams would work great... just talk to him about your setup and RPM parameters

My experience last fall is basically the same thing as yours with Ed C. He knows his stuff...but i guess sometimes he doesnt have the time to explain things like some buyers want it. All is well...

I dont have much to add but u might want to give Jay Allen a call or email to see what he thinks.

Good luck

I work in Baton Rouge about 15min away from cam motion. I have heard a lot of good and a lot of bad (which is whereever you go). I am using Jay Allen to do my cam for my 351w. It is up to you in the end, but a lot of these custom cam cutters will not give you any specs until you fork up some money. Let's face it they have to make money too. I have/am having a very good experience with Jay Allen and you may want to give him a call or e-mail. (by the way, I got the same treatment from ed as you, but I don't hold anything against him. busy man.) I just like it when you e-mail someone you are going to/just spent 300 dollars with and they get back to you in less than a few hours.
Sorry for the long post. Just my 2cents.
Justin

Wow, i thought i was the only one to have a problem with Ed Curtis. Im not here to bash on him, for all businesses have their ups and downs. I was just extremely dissatisfied with how i was treated. He has someone that must be working there that is an ass. He is extremely rude and has answered the phones numerous times "Yeah, what do ya' need". But thats just me, and maybe this is the first time, so whatever.

You guys have to remember....its 2 weeks until the World Ford Challenge! No matter who you call everyone is trying to get ready so they are going to be busy. That has been my friends and my experience. I tried to talk to Fox Lake about a set of heads but they're busy as well. The world ford challenge is a huge networking race were people can save on shipping.

When I ordered my cam in early March, Ed was rediculously helpful, tuning, future stroker motor combo's, etc. This website has probably helped his non-racer customer level grow alot!

Jay Allen is also very good from what my friends have experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.