Camaro Or Mustang.. The Choice is Easy

Don Karnage

Dec 13, 2011
Been looking at 2012 models and finally have decided on a 12 Mustang GT. The Choice was easy really. Why you might be asking.

Chevy Dealership :

2012 Camaro SS - 34K MSRP

They offered it to me for 32K :notnice:

2012 Ford Mustang GT - 32K MSRP

Offered it to me for 26,999

Now i've seen dealerships take off 8K on the new Camaro's but a lousy 2K off MSRP? I asked them why so little and he replied with "They're a very sought after car". Is that why you have 8 on the lot? I wasn't mad because i wanted the mustang from the beginning but god damn.

Anyway onto the mustang i'm buying. Rally Red, 6Spd Manual. At that price i would have been a fool to not buy it. It's incoming and should have it for Christmas.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes the dollars spoke out alot I know all about that, but like street asked were there any other waying options on why you chose the mustang. Myself I was in your boat when I purchase my mustang but it was between a dodge challenger SRT8 and '12 mustang....What drove me towards the mustang was the mpg they were able to put out with th hp, I couldn't get over the Lava Red, something about that color was intriguing (bought the car w/o ever seeing it in person[pics online]), i liked the way the front seats felt while driving better. Oh yeah and the only challenger SRT8 I could afford got sold the day before I was able to purchase it (brand new one for $39k, last year close out)

Cost aside, How did the 2 cars compare in performance and comfort.

Thought the mustang was more comfortable and had better sight lines. Camaro was very hard to see out of.

Yes the dollars spoke out alot I know all about that, but like street asked were there any other waying options on why you chose the mustang. Myself I was in your boat when I purchase my mustang but it was between a dodge challenger SRT8 and '12 mustang....What drove me towards the mustang was the mpg they were able to put out with th hp, I couldn't get over the Lava Red, something about that color was intriguing (bought the car w/o ever seeing it in person[pics online]), i liked the way the front seats felt while driving better. Oh yeah and the only challenger SRT8 I could afford got sold the day before I was able to purchase it (brand new one for $39k, last year close out)

I also love the SRT8's but the price was a big killer of the deal for me on them. In the end the GT had the best "Bang for my Buck"

I admit, I almost bought a Camaro too. In fact, I had planned on doing it for almost two years, and was ready to pull the trigger and order one. Just before I did though, I got a chance to testdrive a new 5.0 and changed my mind at the last minute.

Ultimately, the Mustang just "felt" better. The seat fit me better, the clutch was easier to work, the transmission was smoother, the steering feel was better, the chassis felt better balance, and the whole car just feels smaller and more nimble like a sports car should be.

The price didn't hurt either. I ended up getting a GT Premium with $2K worth of options for the same money a 1SS Camaro with $500 in options would have cost. The markup over invoice on most GM cars is much less than on most Fords, so there is a lot more room to deal on a Ford.

I admit, I almost bought a Camaro too. In fact, I had planned on doing it for almost two years, and was ready to pull the trigger and order one. Just before I did though, I got a chance to testdrive a new 5.0 and changed my mind at the last minute.

Ultimately, the Mustang just "felt" better. The seat fit me better, the clutch was easier to work, the transmission was smoother, the steering feel was better, the chassis felt better balance, and the whole car just feels smaller and more nimble like a sports car should be.

The price didn't hurt either. I ended up getting a GT Premium with $2K worth of options for the same money a 1SS Camaro with $500 in options would have cost. The markup over invoice on most GM cars is much less than on most Fords, so there is a lot more room to deal on a Ford.
I think most of us with a 5.0 actually considered a camaro. I'm not a fan of any particular car, I drove alot of different ones in my time. What one me over to the ford was since the camaro came out there was more of them on the road then the actual mustangs here in PC. I myself was ready to pull the trigger on either a camaro at one point in time. what go me away from that wasn't the mustang though it was the challenger (the mustang stole me away from that idea after test driving one, and finding a pretty loaded Lava Red online).

Been looking at 2012 models and finally have decided on a 12 Mustang GT. The Choice was easy really. Why you might be asking.

Chevy Dealership :

2012 Camaro SS - 34K MSRP

They offered it to me for 32K :notnice:

2012 Ford Mustang GT - 32K MSRP

Offered it to me for 26,999

Now i've seen dealerships take off 8K on the new Camaro's but a lousy 2K off MSRP? I asked them why so little and he replied with "They're a very sought after car". Is that why you have 8 on the lot? I wasn't mad because i wanted the mustang from the beginning but god damn.

Anyway onto the mustang i'm buying. Rally Red, 6Spd Manual. At that price i would have been a fool to not buy it. It's incoming and should have it for Christmas.
Awsome deal. Rally Red is sick!

My daughter has a new Camaro. I looked them over very carefully and as posted above, when I priced them with options, I was surprised. The Camaro 2LT/RS was about $3500 to $4000 more than my V6 Premium-Pony Stang . I would have paid the difference if I thought I was getting more or a better car. I liked the Mustang better period, even if they were priced the same.

Congrat's man! You'll love it. I've my 2011 for over a year and still enjoy driving it everday. I too considered the Camaro but I am a fan of all American muscle cars. Back in '99 I would've bought a WS6, but could on afford a GT. So, that's what I bought.