Can I get a photoshop favor?....

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've got a Muscle Machines looking drawing of a '63 Fairlane that's red that I want to change to a slightly creamy white (Corinthian White). I've tried changing the color myself, unsuccessfully. I either can't get rid of all the red, or when I try to change it all, the chrome looks crappy. I want to use it as an avatar, it's only about 20kb in size.

• Sponsors (?)

fairlane%20illustration%203.jpg

Attachments

• fairlane%20illustration%203.jpg
    fairlane%20illustration%203.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 62
Well, the color is about right, but all the defining body lines and shading is gone. I couldn't figure out how to just pick the red and adjust the hue, etc. I appreciate the effort though, it all looks like orange sherbert when I do it.

Capt Dan said:
still has a touch of pink in it.

Mine does too.

fairlane%20illustration%205.jpg

Realmongo said:
Have you got the Fairlane back together?

Oh no, I don't think I'm finished taking it apart yet.

DSCF2343.JPG

Play money is a problem, but time to do it is probably a bigger deal. With 3 kids, 13, 9 & 5, getting quality time with them, plus all the functions that they do along with church, I probably only have 5-6 hours a week that I can set aside to do what I want to do. Last night I finally trimmed out the drop down attic stairs I put in about 6 years ago, took about 2 hours and I own a 12" compound miter saw!!! But it looks right and the joints are tight.

The Mustang saw frost on it for the first time in a long time this morning as I pulled it out onto the driveway last night, I recently bought a set of wheel dollys from a guy that I plan on purchasing a rotisserie from as well. I think it's the same one Reen has in his latest pics of taking the '68 Fastback to the media blasters on his sticky thread. The guy doesn't have the pump jacks or the pnuematic tire option, in fact I don't think he has the solid casters on it, but the price is right at $600.

I'm cleaning out the garage and reorganizing it right now, I'll soon be installing a water softener that I bought a year ago (I hope its not broken, unreturnable now) and I have to get into the wall behind my bench to plumb it in. I'll be adding a laundry tub sink in the garage opposite the washing machine in the laundry room and the water softener sits right next to the washing machine. So I'll have a sink in the garage to wash my grubby hands instead of dirtying the kitchen sink. I'm also thinking of adding a hose bibb inside the garage, maybe one with hot and cold connections so I can hook my 1600psi pressure washer to is and have something besides just cold water.

In fact, I almost twisted an ankle the other night on your old motor mounts, LOL!!

Attachments

• fairlane%20illustration%205.jpg
    fairlane%20illustration%205.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF2343.JPG
    DSCF2343.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 64
Yup, looks pretty much the same as it did a few years ago. You know I had forgotten all about those motor mounts. I guess you never did anything with them either. I miss that old 64-1/2. I had to sell it when I moved out to the West Coast.

Oh, I still plan on using them, I just haven't done anything with the '65 coupe either. Next new car payment is mine, and instead of getting a new car, I plan on driving my old crap and applying the $500/month towards the Mustang and Fairlane. Over 6 years thats 36k, insurance won't go up because of a new car and I'll finally be able to play. The paint and body on the Mustang will probably cost $3k amd the rest, about $7k, I have a built 300hp 302 with 351w heads sitting on a stand or I may put the 289 that came out of it back together unless I find out it's not original. It'll have a toploader (still have to source) and A/C and I've got a '57 9" to go into it. I'll likely pick up someone's used 16x7 TT2's that they can no longer stand because everyone else has them, I think I've only seen two sets locally on the street, one on a '65-'66 fastback and the other set on a late model Camaro. My car is a factory front disc car and I think I'll just stay drum in the rear.

The Fairlane is a whole different animal, the paint and body won't cost as much I don't think, $2k probably, but the chromoly cage, subframe connectors, sheet metal 9" housing, tubular front control arms, ladder bars, coil overs (front and rear) are likely to be about $12k alone, not to mention the $3k Jerico DR4 4-speed tranny, $2k in clutch, pressure plate and bellhousing (already have aluminum flywheel) and probably $18k in the 800hp FE, and all the various other little bits and pieces.