Can Modular motors handle a 150 shot with a good tune?

• Sponsors (?)

In short, yes. But you definately need a good tune to make it last as long as possible. I believe JayC has been spraying a 150 shot for a couple of years without trouble. I've been spraying 125 shot for 2 years without trouble.

Invest in typhoon its cheap before you blow that plastic one off because even a 100 shot will do it invest invest invest i say because I blew up 2 plastic intakes when I ran a 100 shot before I had an engine built but just remember if you go all aluminum the damage of a backfire will be more costly to but I'm running a 250 shot i have ran 4 10lb bottles out and haven't had a problem yet make sure your valves are working proper and make sure everything is on the up and up before you spray..... is it a NOS kit or.......

Invest in typhoon its cheap before you blow that plastic one off because even a 100 shot will do it invest invest invest i say because I blew up 2 plastic intakes when I ran a 100 shot before I had an engine built but just remember if you go all aluminum the damage of a backfire will be more costly to but I'm running a 250 shot i have ran 4 10lb bottles out and haven't had a problem yet make sure your valves are working proper and make sure everything is on the up and up before you spray..... is it a NOS kit or.......

There's a reason the Typhoon is cheap! If I were going to bother replacing my factory plastic intake, I wouldn't piss money away on a piece of scrap aluminum like that Typhoon. At the very least, pick up a Bullit, or Trick Flow intake and open the door up to making power in N/A trim on top of it all.

You don't want to shift to 4th at WOT with an auto, so he would still want to stay in a 1:1 gear, just like a manual.

I'm willing to bet he's running 28" tires to get the gearing needed for his trap speeds. Just look the the tires on the car. ;)

You ran an 11.5 @118 with 411's? you must of had to shift into 5th. I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I don't buy it. [ unless you drive an auto ]

With a good tune and good fuel, yes. If it's lean at all....look out. 2V cars with like 125 "ish" shot made like 335-350RWHP and a whopping 500+RWTQ at our dyno day last spring. It was awesome watching the nitrous cars make dyno pulls.

There's a reason the Typhoon is cheap! If I were going to bother replacing my factory plastic intake, I wouldn't piss money away on a piece of scrap aluminum like that Typhoon. At the very least, pick up a Bullit, or Trick Flow intake and open the door up to making power in N/A trim on top of it all.

Yea the TYPHOON may not be the best but for the price 500-700 bucks over 800-1000 its better than the plastic crap ford makes, and the horse power gains are good as well! 24hp just by throwing an intake on is awesome im running a typhoon and a 250 shot of juice and im not having any problems the name brand "trickflow" makes people think its a better product they make good products but when it comes to this i guess its what do you wanna spend do your research and make your judgment but i bet you will agree the typhoon deserves a better name than a "piece of crap" call the plastic intakes that but if you wanna start throwing names out there and wanna spend some money check out the BBK Mustang Dual Stage Intake Manifold that's an intake Im purchasing one next month.......:damnit:

What's the problem here fellas. With 4.10 gears out back running through the traps with 26" tall tires coming in at the top of 4th gear (1:1 ratio) @ 118-120mph would net you approx 6,250-6,350 RPM according to my math? The stock rev limiter comes on at right around that limit.

Lets also keep in mind that centrifugal force make tires (especially drag tires) grow taller as their rotational RPM increases. They may have very well been closer to 26.5" by the time they reached the traps....which actually has them crossing the line at about 100-200RPM less.

I really don't see what your issues with their claims are? :shrug:

I agree Brian, but I would still raise the rev limiter while on the bottle, just to be on the safe side if you do bounch off of it.

JayC, didn't you go by another name years ago? Are you still running the car?

You've just shown how little you know about our cars. Mine runs 120 in the 1/4 in 26" tires in 4th gear and 4.10's. Now think a minute....how can that be done?:shrug:

Please,I 'm 56 yrs. old and have been racing for 30 years. I did not know he was running 26" - 28" tires. I assumed he was on stock tires. I realize tire size changes gear ratios. So back off, I was respectful in my 1st post to the guy, you should grow up and do the same.

Please,I 'm 56 yrs. old and have been racing for 30 years. I did not know he was running 26" - 28" tires. I assumed he was on stock tires. I realize tire size changes gear ratios. So back off, I was respectful in my 1st post to the guy, you should grow up and do the same.

Stock tires are 26 inches tall(25.7). It doesn't matter how long you have been racing, that is basic knowledge of your car.