Can someone clarify valve cover clearance

93silverlx50

Jun 12, 2017
So I put my new 347 from Fordstrokers in over the weekend. Ive got about 3 hrs of buttoning up to do. My stock old valve covers dont fit. Im trying to find some that may but all I find is .5" spacer from LMR, factory valve covers or "Tall". From the ones Ive looked at and googled, I cant find solid numbers. So are those my choices, .5"spacer or tall?

Then Im guessing after those are on is when Ill know whether Ill need a spacer for my Cobra intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what your rocker set-up is but if you want to use stock valve covers you can normally make
them fit by removing/modifying baffles.
I run a stock set on my 393w w/RHS heads and Comp gold 7/16 stud mount rr.
I imagine this is on a 93 fox from your user name.

Yes 93 Fox, Trickflow 190 11R heads, Trickflow 1.6 rockers 7/16 stud mount. Ill be using a Cobra intake with EGR.

Not sure what your rocker set-up is but if you want to use stock valve covers you can normally make
them fit by removing/modifying baffles.
I run a stock set on my 393w w/RHS heads and Comp gold 7/16 stud mount rr.
I imagine this is on a 93 fox from your user name.
FO

OK, like I said if you want to use the stock valve covers they should fit with baffles removed.
Height shouldn't be a problem with that intake.
I would remove baffle and test fit, on mine I removed the baffles and ground down the mounting bosses.

I used a set of the black finned valve covers and a double thick gasket on TFS 170s. I dont think they are any taller than the stock covers I had to use a 1/2 inch spacer with the cobra intake.