Can someone explain?

Cruizer67

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
Kingsburg Ca...
I was going to work this morning and was running a little late. I was huslting trying to get there on time when I noticed this thing that happened.. it's the thrid time that it's happened.. i went through all 4 gears and was going between 80 and 100 and then the motor sounded like it free reved.. i didn't over rev the motor.. just eased up on the gas and it was back to normal. my question was this. is it possible that the high RPM's cause the clutch to slip? not sure on the clutch type or anything just got this car late last year and have been using it as a daily driver, until I get time to do some work (too cold right now).. let me know if you have an idea as to what is causing this..

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ditto, but check the freeplay in the linkage before doing anything else. You want all the slack out of the linkage, but not to where there's pressure on the throwout bearing. If there's pressure against it, it will cause the clutch to disengage. letting it slip. Also look for oil on the disc or pressure plate.