Can Someone Help Me Find a Source for A Heater Hose Fitting

carhopper

Jul 25, 2010
Dandridge, TN
I was working on my son's 85 GT CFI this weekend and when I pulled the heater hose off of the fitting, the exit tube broke off. The part I'm looking for is a Tee fitting with 3/4" NTP male which screws into the manifold, 1/2" NTP female which accepts the temp sensor, and a 1/2" fitting to accept the heater hose. Any ideas before I piece something together from Home Depot. I checked on line extensively and called the Ford dealer too. They can't locate the part in their database. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive made fittings like that in the past, bbut they were full custom parts. The Home Depot option will usually leave a big bulky fitting, but it will work. If you want to look up some other options like Hole Depot try McMaster-Carr

I have used these guys for some A/C fittings but I know they do heat and radiator stuff too. Doc's Blocks Home they have some odd ball fittings and have helped me out in the past, they are very knowledgable give them a call. You might also want to check with www.mpsautosalvage.com

Most of the intakes are 1/2"NPT up front, would a stock style heater tube work for you off a 87-93 Fox? It bolts to the front port on the manifold then feeds both ports on the heater core, and has a spot for a 1/2" NPT so you can put a fitting on. I know I have one or two laying around at my shop but I am on vacation currently.

The Home Depot option will usually leave a big bulky fitting, but it will work.

Ain't that the truth.
I made a right angle fitting that needed to be reduced out of Home Depot fittings.
In my head it was about 1 inch each side and then another 1/2 inch in 90 degree turn.
Ya right, came out to be like a total of 6 inches in length.

I visited a mustang salvage lot in Knoxville yesterday and found the exact same part on a 96 3.8, but couldn't get it off without removing the intake and distributor. Knowledge is power, now I can order the part for a 95-98 3.8 and should work fine. Thanks for the replies.

Don't you know it, that part was discontinued too. I went back to the lot and pulled the intake manifold, coil pack, etc to get to the part. While we were there I found a piece of side molding and a kick panel that matched my car so it was a good day.

I just went through this with my 85 GT vert and I could not find it. I wound up putting the sensor in another hole on the front drivers side (instead of the front passenger side) since the wiring came from that direction. Then I got a brass nipple for the hose. I cannot remember if the stock intake has another plug hole or not, but there is one on the FRPP intake manifold.:nice:

I have a buddy that's a Ford parts guy and he figured out the same thing about the 3.8 fitting for me. The bad news is that it retails for almost a hundred bucks from Ford.