Can the Tweecer be used on more then one car? And where to get it?

Lets say I bought this DD stang and the tweecer. Can I use the tweecer on my 94 and this DD? Also it says I can use a desktop computer to tune it, how does that work? Can I get away without buying a laptop for now? Oh and where can I get one of these other then tweecer.com? Is $550 pretty much the best price im gonna get for one new?

• Sponsors (?)

You can put it in more than one car, but the tune you create for it will be lost when the tweecer is removed and placed in the other car. So, really you'd need two if you didn't want to constantly swap it. As for not using a laptop, you can but it involves removing the tweecer and bringing it in the house, load your file, then go back out to the car and put it back together... this is a real inefficient way to tune and I don't recommend it unless you have to have the tweecer and have no laptop. I'd look into the PMS if that was the case.

That I don't know. My eec tuner uses an old school serial cable, not a USB. I use a late 80's early 90's texas instruments laptop with my tuner that was given to me. It works great for all I do with it... the battery sucks though and I can't buy a replacement. :(

I bought mine from one of the vendors on the tweecer site. Even used they go for about 475-525$ so you realy dont save much even going that route. Like said above a laptop is realy the only way to go, but you can get buy with a desk top if you have too.

For the laptop, I think as long as it has windows 95 or newer you should be fine. There is a system req. on the tweecer page somewere on the sidebar ( the vendors section is in this side bar as well).

I know alot of guys will go to ebay and get old toshiba(sp?) laptops cheap. and if the batt. is bad I have a vector power inverter that goes into the lighter outlet as the laptop batt. I use is bad also.