Can you hone out a stock EGR spacer?

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
I have an Explorer TB that is supposed to be 65MM, I can adapt that, but it won't do me much good if I still have the stock sized EGR on it. Can I hone this sucker out to 65MM safetly? The coolant lines are gone. Also, what could I use to hone it out?

Thanks,
L.D.

• Sponsors (?)

goldbomb79 said:
do you have a cylinder hone? I've used one before to do this, but you have to use plenty of oil to keep it from loading up on you. the hone always worked for me

No I don't have one. I can borrow one from Autozone right?

You need a lathe with a boring attachment or a milling machine as stated before. I was selling bored TB's and EGR spacers on ebay a couple of years ago. A hone will not cut as will the bit from a boring head or a boring bar.
I have a ton of TB's and EGR spacers in a box in my shop that are already bored out. I just lost interest in selling them.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

T.J. 87-GT said:
You need a lathe with a boring attachment or a milling machine as stated before. I was selling bored TB's and EGR spacers on ebay a couple of years ago. A hone will not cut as will the bit from a boring head or a boring bar.
I have a ton of TB's and EGR spacers in a box in my shop that are already bored out. I just lost interest in selling them.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

Wouldn't want to send me one would ya?? :D