can you use an 87-93 MAF sensor on our cars?

• Sponsors (?)

1994Vib.RedGT said:
al the good MAF sensors for cheap that I see on ebay are all for fox-bodies, I know there is the flange on ours, but can they work?

Thats cause for every one of our cars there are at least 25 Fox Stangs out there...............check that...............most likely 100 to 1, lol.

Anyway

You can always cut off the flange.

More easier to rig up a cai without the flange anyway.

FLANGE! ...... We Don't NEED no Stinkin Flange

Grady

are you guys sure you can swap meters? c&l has different sample tubes for 87-93 and 94-95 for their meters, the sn95 meter is bigger, if it has the same physical electronics, then the computer calibrates it differently? or is the "sample tube" in the sn95 meter's hole larger? :shrug:

blk9450 said:
are you guys sure you can swap meters? c&l has different sample tubes for 87-93 and 94-95 for their meters, the sn95 meter is bigger, if it has the same physical electronics, then the computer calibrates it differently? or is the "sample tube" in the sn95 meter's hole larger? :shrug:

i thought the reason why you need a different tube is because of the different computer which would make me think they are not interchangeable. you might be right about it being the size difference.

blk9450 said:

the 87-93 meter is the same as the 94-95. When I ordered my C&L the order sheet said 87-93, I called and they said it was the same thing. As long as your sample tube is for the right injectors then it will be fine.

Striped5.0 said:
the 87-93 meter is the same as the 94-95. When I ordered my C&L the order sheet said 87-93, I called and they said it was the same thing. As long as your sample tube is for the right injectors then it will be fine.
yea Physically the meter is the same, but the calibration of the electronics is different. read this chart and tell me the meters are interchangable. i just called c&l but they are not open yet. ill ask them because i need to know cause im switching from a 88 to a 94 with 30 lbs. maybe the old electronics and the red tube will work, i gotta see.

http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html

73mm Unit for 1986-1993 Mustangs (with factory A9L Style Processors)
Std 19lb Calibration Clear Tube (101)
24lb Fuel Injectors Blue Tube (102)
30lb Fuel Injectors Red Tube (103)
36/38lb Fuel Injectors Green Tube (104)

glasses?

blk9450 said:
73mm Unit for 1986-1993 Mustangs (with factory A9L Style Processors)
Std 19lb Calibration Clear Tube (101)
24lb Fuel Injectors Blue Tube (102)
30lb Fuel Injectors Red Tube (103)
36/38lb Fuel Injectors Green Tube (104)

glasses?

Thats what i was about to post, we have different color of tubes

just got off the phone with c&l. said electroniscs have to be switched AND the tube has to be changed from fox-94. i am wondering though, if i can just keep the old electronics and the maf electronics were calibrated in the 94 for the 70mm but gives the same voltage at the same flow. i have both electronics, so i may buy the correct tube for my 94-30# setup, then try the fox-30# setup and datalog it with my tweecer rt as far as maf voltage to see if they are different. hmmmm....