Candles

mustangrider92

Mar 31, 2010
Hello.

My name is Paul and I lives in France.
I often look at your forum and it seems very complete. Bravo!
But I have not found a solution to my problem.
Here, I have a 2005 Mustang GT and when the engine is hot, if I accelerate hard, there is a bad smell that feels at the exhaust.
I checked the spark plugs, (31000 miles) and are colored a bit pale.
Since I installed a CAI STEED with SCTXcal3 .. but nothing has changed.
I have not yet ordered to "tune". How do I solve this problem of wealth?
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Paul

So, are you saying you recently added the Flowmasters?

The reason I ask is usually exhaust components will have a coating on them from bending and welding, and it takes a little while for this to burn off.

ok.
By cons, for candles, they seem to have a pale color.
That, I think, a problem of wealth.
But I'll order a "tune" because I installed a CA STEED.
This will perhaps settle the matter?

If the spark plugs are white, then one of the issues it could be is yes you are running lean. Which means your air/fuel ratio is off. This can damage your engine! Be careful. Yes a new tune will fix the air/fuel ratio so that as long as nothing else is out of whack it should run fine...

What do you mean problem of wealth? Like... its running too rich? You have a wealth of excess fuel? Did you use the tune that came with the sct? Do you still have the stock cats?

I currently have a CAI STEEDA and exhausts at FLOWMASTER.
No tune yet.
When the candles were removed, it was found they were no caramel color (sign of good combustion engine) but a little clearer.
The car engine is hot and hard acceleration feels bad, and once the engine stalled, dropping from 3rd to 4th, to full throttle ..
I ordered yesterday a tune, I'll install it and see.

Manufacturers put a coating on exhaust parts so they do not rust before they are installed. That coating burns off over a small period of time once they are installed and has a strange smell.