Can't wait any longer. Gotta spill the beans

I say go for it if it makes economical sense. One thing I love about my pushrod is the snappy throttle response. Every 4.6 modular I've driven has the slowest rpm drop when you let off the gas after a nice rev.

I'm thinking that has more to do with the computer than the engine though. I'd love to hear a carbed modular video if anyone has a link.

• Sponsors (?)

I can toss my input in here. I have a 1999 F-250 with the 5.4 motor. They DOOOO spit spark plugs. You can only use Ford spark plugs for that engine. Something to do with threads (only 5 total if you are wondering) Also, if you do pop a spark plug, it most likely means a new head. This happened to me. $2800 later, I was on the road. 10K later the engine spun a bearing and I did not get the thing turned off quick enough, and I seized it. New motor from Jepson ($5800) and I am doing fine. There are very few after market parts for the motor.

I say do the pushrod or just pick up the KB twin screw for a 4.6 and enjoy the huge aftermarket. Or spend the couple of thousand $$ less and build up a monster pushrod with turbo.

I picked up the block and heads for measuring. Not going to do this. Fitting and all that didn't really bother me all that much. But it wasn't as complete as he said, or I thought. So it would be to expensive to build, and then drop in. Oh well. fix the tranny and HG problem and try to split the block. I might get a 69 351w for free here soon. So we'll see.

MrBobMarley said:
I say go for it if it makes economical sense. One thing I love about my pushrod is the snappy throttle response. Every 4.6 modular I've driven has the slowest rpm drop when you let off the gas after a nice rev.

I'm thinking that has more to do with the computer than the engine though. I'd love to hear a carbed modular video if anyone has a link.

Hmm yeah I have a 93 lincoln mark viii with the 32v 4.6 and man it takes forever to get that thing to wind down. I just thought something was wrong with my car lol.

StaffAmerica74 said:
Hmm yeah I have a 93 lincoln mark viii with the 32v 4.6 and man it takes forever to get that thing to wind down. I just thought something was wrong with my car lol.
I think most stock cams are like that. I noticed a big difference when I cammed mine a few years ago.