Car died on Highway, need some help.

• Sponsors (?)

Got the new stator in after TONS of messing around with the whole thing. It runs, and we timed it to around 12-13*. It seems to run best around there. Car still doesn't want to idle when cold. Starting to get frusterated with this problem.....

I'm not sure if the new stator fixed the whole dieing when driving on the highway thing, I'm going to have to take it for a drive and see.

For cold idle issues, clean the IAC (or replace it) and reset the idle if needed.

Good luck and glad you got the new PIP in. Was the issue getting the gear lined back up?

HISSIN50 said:
For cold idle issues, clean the IAC (or replace it) and reset the idle if needed.

Good luck and glad you got the new PIP in. Was the issue getting the gear lined back up?

The IAC is brand new. The idle may need to be reset properly, but for now I just adjust it with the screw, haven't really unplugged TPS or anything like that, and then set it, etc.

The issue was that I broke the little collet that is on the dizzy shaft too. I had to have a friend of mine that was in machine shop make one for me. Thanks guys.

Tayohs 95Gt said:
WHAT IS A PIP??? sorry i dont wanna sound stupid my cars acting the exact same way
Profile Ignition Pickup. Aka Stator, magnetic pick-up, etc. It is the sensor located in the bowl of the dizzy. It relays cam position (and ergo piston position) to the puter for spark and injector timing info.

Drove the car the same route that I did when it broke down, and it made it there and back, so it must of been the stator. We found some air leaks coming from either around the injectors or the lower intake. So I'm going to tear lower and upper off and replace both gaskets I think. Along with the hoses on the bottom of the upper plentum.