Car died while driving - I have no spark...

red94fiveo

Apr 12, 2003
Wichita, KS
My car died a little while back while driving about 30 mph under very light throttle. Nothing dramatic, just sputtered and died. Anyway, tried to start it again, etc, etc, but the battery eventually went dead trying to do this and wouldn't take a charge. I finally got a new battery last night (Swamped at school lately), and found out that I have NO SPARK. Suggestions? The TFI module is getting swapped out at about 4 this afternoon, so hopefully it is that, but any other suggestions if that doesn't work?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem this morning...ended up towing my car back home.....i'm in need of this advice too, but I haven't checked for spark yet....

however my car sputtered and died under very light throttle. I thought it may have been my fuel pump, but it sounds like it's working alright :shrug:

red94fiveo said:
UPDATE -

I swapped out the TFI module and coil last night with no luck. I'm going to try the stator today, but after that I'm running out of ideas in a hurry

In Your last thread you said the rotor was not spinning when u tried to start it. if thats the case its a mechanical problem, not electrical.