Car Hesitates/misfire When I Go Over Hard Bumps In Road

KyleEBK

Jan 27, 2008
Having a problem with my 84 svo mustang with 92 fi ho 302. the tfi module was recently replaced, seems like this started after that but not quite positive.

When I go over hard bumps in the road the cars misfires/hesitates. I smell something like unspent fuel after this happens. at lower speeds the car almost shuts off

I have replaced plugs/wires
cleaned maf sensor
cleaned throttle body
new serpentine gatorback belt
tried octane booster
tried seafoam

I noticed where the fuel tank is mounted a wire is pinched there. I have posted a picture of this not sure what wire this is but it looks to be wedged in there pretty hard.

anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 18644304_1723039171055995_889190266_n.jpg
    18644304_1723039171055995_889190266_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Sponsors (?)

There is a possibility the tfi is not secure, have you tried reinstalling it with new grease?
Can't tell you anything about that wire, your gonna have to loosen the tank straps and move it to look for damage.
Have you checked for codes?

Do things like the wiper, fan or radio malfunction at the same time? If so you have an ignition switch or the associated wiring going bad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a similar problem...and it ended up being a fuse that was not pished im all the way and when i hit a bump my speakers would cut off but not the radio...didnt make sense to me because speakers dont have there own fuse...but it ended up being a simple fuse not all the way in...just another option to look at...(options w nice