Car Insurance.. What do you pay?

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
I have owned my Fox for about 5 years now, me being the second owner. I also have owned a couple other cars during that time, none being Mustangs. So about a month ago I purchased a 96' Convertible GT bone stock and once I added it to my insurance (Allstate) and it went up too high in my book. Keep in mind that I bought my wife a new Pontiac G6 in Jan 08' so now I have her G6, my 87' GT and now my 96' GT. The 96' and the G6 both have full coverage but the Fox has state min. My total for SIX months is 1,298.71... I was paying under 940.00 before the addition of the 96' and that was with the Fox having full coverage. I dont have a bad driving record to boot.

To make matters worse, I bought my son a 91' LX 4 banger that I have not registered yet because of repairs and he will start driving soon!!

• Sponsors (?)

If the Stangs are not daily drivers, give a serious look at "Collector's Insurance" through Hagerty or another provider. We have the my LX insured for $15,000, my wife's Cobra for $20,000 and my Saleen for $25,000. Total cost for all three cars is about $1100 a year.

I alternate the 96' and the 87' during the week to drive so they both get somewhat equall amount of use between the two. The payment went from 145 to 245 a month and the policy just got renewed. I have had Allstate for about 10 years, but after all your responses I'm going to shop around.

I pay through the nose right now, but that's because I've had 2-accident claims in the last 3-years. One of which was completely not my fault and I was never charged for, but since there was a pedestrian fatality, my company nailed me to the cross for it anyway. :(

I'm 33-years old and after nearly 17-years of driving (14 of which were completely accident free and devoid of any major tickets) I now pay as much for my insurance as I would as a new driver. The Insurance industry is a total racket! :fuss:

No wonder so many people take the chance and drive without it! :notnice:

My motorcycle is 116 a year with close to minimum coverage through Geico. USAA on my 96 Land Rover and 95 Mustang is 381 every 6 months with minimum coverage for me and my g/f. I'm 26 y/o and I've had my own insurance through USAA for 7 years

damn thats a lot man. all my points have dropped off my record so my insurance went down a bit. my stang is usually full coverage but i dropped it to liability last november when i started working on the paint and body...with it being just liability, i pay $76 a month for it and my DD 95 buick. when the stang is full coverage, it's like $125 a month through progressive for both. come october it'll be even less...i'll be the big 2-5! :D

was 440 ever 6 months for my 88 5.0. not sure what my 89 will run me as it has only been on comp coverage which is 18 a month right now. through all state and im 17.

its like 276 a month for the 05 escape(full coverage), 99 ranger(full coverage), 00 kia ( full coverage), 86 mustang ( comp since its in storage) 89 mustang (comp since is in storage) 76 cobra (comp since 1989 lol)