Car left me stranded for the first time ever today...

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
So my car died instantly going down the road today... Driving along and then nothing... Had fuel, but no spark... Best part is, this is the first time it had been on the tow truck... EVER. So I get it home, take the TFI off (best known for doing exact this), and it tested good at Autozone (get in the Zone baby)... but I still got one to try it so I could rule it out... No good... then I checked the coil (where I should have started first.. I know better) Had power with key on, and ground when cranked, but not a pulsating ground... So only thing left is the computer (which on a Ford is highly unlikely.... They are one of the most reliable computers out there) and the PIP (pick up) Well, I pull the dizzy, and sure enough.. there were 1000 pieces just hangin' out in my dizzy... Bought a remaned dist... I got the box with the right part number, but this one had a damn cast iron gear (needs to be steel for a roller cam)... I told them I needed a steel, it had the cast iron gear on it... So I had to press that off, and press the old gear back on the new dist... the roll pin didn't wanna go in cause it was a little crooked... But I got it done, and now my Mustang runs again... :nice: :D Just thought I'd vent... Work from 7-4 today... then this happens on the way home... and finish at 10 PM... Working on cars all damn day long.... I'm goin' to bed. :D

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

PoopDawg said:
So my car died instantly going down the road today... Driving along and then nothing... Had fuel, but no spark... Best part is, this is the first time it had been on the tow truck... EVER. So I get it home, take the TFI off (best known for doing exact this), and it tested good at Autozone (get in the Zone baby)... but I still got one to try it so I could rule it out... No good...

Nick

Dude- What was the part # on the TFI from autozne, and how much???

Thanks Anthony:flag: :nice:

The part number is F121, $31.99... I still have my Motorcraft one on there and it's got 105,000 miles on it :nice: If it DOES go out, and Ford HAS one, I'll buy from there... but it is $151.00!! Lasted 105K, though... worth the money.

Nick