Car Not Starting, Plz Help

ok i printed that out and went through like a checklist and here is what i found. On #1 it says that im suppost to get a fat blue spark. Nope. Im getting a little spark nothing big or fat. I just replaced the Coil to. Im gunna find the TFI,PIP,EEC and check those now. I would have but it got to dark last night. Thanx so much for puttin up with this, lol. I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE IT ITS BEEN OVER 6 MONTHS!!!

Ok i replaced the distributor and still nothing... Im gunna go out with my voltmeter and hunt

• Sponsors (?)

ok i just checked the Links next to the solenoid and they are all getting 11.57 volts. Ipulled the injector harness off one of them and its reading 11.51 Volts. I checked EEC next to the computer in the car and that read at 11.59 Volts. I checked the plug that goes onto the solenoid. Red and Light Green in belive and that read at 11.56 Volts. ..... Am i looking at a computer problem? I didnt even touch the thing lol. It ran fine when the car was in one piece.:(

The computer is normally the last thing I would suspect. TFI modules die more often than computers.

I would try spraying ether starting fluid in the intake so see if you can get it to fire off. Be sure to put the intake duct back on before you crank the engine to prevent a possible fire. If it doesn't even try to run, you have a definite spark problem.

I recently replaced my TFI module. At first it would cut out and not able to start until cooled down. That lasted 2 days. Then no spark ever.
TFI was problem. Easy fix. You will need special tool. $4.00 @ Parts America.
TFI was $30. Rotate Dist, use magnet to pull screw out after loosening, carefully replace and retime car. Hope this helps.

MyCARneedsHelp said:
ok good news. Its started with the fluid. It only ran for about 2-3 seconds then died again. ??
If you can get it to start consistantly with the ether, I would start looking at the fuel managment part of the checklist.

Well i went through the check list. I bought a brand new fuel pressure regulator, Nothing. Im not sure if im getting pressure but its squirting out when i press the valve stem in on the rail. Also im not getting any votls to the orange and light green on the regulator on the passenger side.... I have power on the red though. Do u know what color the fusable link is?

ok i found were it goes into a fusable link, it has power there. and then it goes into a black wire then into another link. It has power there also. And power at the Starter Relay. BUT im not getting any power at the fuel pump relay side.

In pinch you can use a tire pressure gauge to measure the fuel pressure. It may not be completely accurate, but you will have some clue as to how much pressure you have. Beware of the fire hazard when you do this.

Your car's model year is needed to get you the correct wiring diagram for fuel pump troubleshooting.