Car running rough ~ Running out of ideas

The problem .... The car seems to be breaking up bad on acceleration. It almost seems like its miss fireing. I checked all sensors, plugs, you name it. I had a check engine light and when i pulled the codes it read TPS volts. I fixed that and cleared the CPU. Since then its still running rough with out CEL. Car runs very smooth at a idol, just when you get on it it breaks up. Gets worse on the highway.

Is there any way to check to see if spark plug wires are good or bad or even the plugs ??? I'm out of ideas ...................... The wires are fairly new. I'm running FMS blue 9mm. Thinking of changing the plugs tomarrow.

What I have ~ 96 GT ~ 02 GT block, heads, & upper/lower intake. Wiring harness from 96 swaped over w/ all sensors. Accesory modified to accept coil packs. Fuel rail w/ injectors swaped over due to different fuel system.

The 02 motor came from a perfect running convert that was hit in the rear. I swaped motors due to the famous cracked intake. I got a good deal from a friend that i couldn't pass up. I heard this engine run in the car before it was removed.

Did / Has this happen to anybody ??? :(

• Sponsors (?)

Well I changed the plugs today. And it cleared my problem. Seeing the motor was sitting a little over a year, I squirted some oil in the cylinders before first fire. Now keep in mind there was about 3 pair of hands working on this car. I thought someone said that the plugs were changed. I was wrong. Must of been a different convo. But any way ..... the problem has been fixed. I had oil saturated on 2 plugs. After I got everything back together I took her for a ride on a local route and she ran like a raped ape.

Best thing of all ..... i'm playting with more power than what I had. Thou i'm not gonna let it go to my head. It also seems louder. Must be the change in HP (??). I have the normal bolt ons that was on the other motor ~ (steeda) pullies, CAI, and intake spacer. Now all I have to do is install the steeda timing advancer and dyno her for a chip.

Happy happy joy joy :banana:

RickieFrat said:
Well I changed the plugs today. And it cleared my problem. Seeing the motor was sitting a little over a year, I squirted some oil in the cylinders before first fire. Now keep in mind there was about 3 pair of hands working on this car. I thought someone said that the plugs were changed. I was wrong. Must of been a different convo. But any way ..... the problem has been fixed. I had oil saturated on 2 plugs. After I got everything back together I took her for a ride on a local route and she ran like a raped ape.

Best thing of all ..... i'm playting with more power than what I had. Thou i'm not gonna let it go to my head. It also seems louder. Must be the change in HP (??). I have the normal bolt ons that was on the other motor ~ (steeda) pullies, CAI, and intake spacer. Now all I have to do is install the steeda timing advancer and dyno her for a chip.

Happy happy joy joy :banana:

Good for you bro....you ready to run for pinks now??........ :D