Car too low

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
Ive got Tokico adjustables with red H&R racing springs on my 95 convertible. I would like it to be a little higher since when my wife drives it - she scrapes on speed bumps. What would you suggest for different springs?

• Sponsors (?)

I have those springs. I can completely avoid scraping on most stuff, but some stuff I will scrape some.

Like 3 of them are sagging though, so Im in the market for some new springs. I was thinking about getting some Sport lines or H&R Super Sports. I want the same drop though, so I dont know if we will be looking for the same thing.

I think I am going with the Eibach Pro-Kit (1.5 in. drop). They are progressive rate too. Eibach Sportlines are non-progressive and 2" drop. From what I've heard Eibach are the best springs you can buy.

BUY JUICed 's springs. I have them on my car and no more scrapee!! I HAD the ford c sprins and they looked grat :nice: but my converters are trashed..:notnice: (to low)

I think I am going with the Eibach Pro-Kit (1.5 in. drop). They are progressive rate too. Eibach Sportlines are non-progressive and 2" drop. From what I've heard Eibach are the best springs you can buy.

I just put the Pro's on, (with some KYB GR-2's) this weekend. They are between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" drop. (Stock springs might have sagged a little, in 12+ years, so that might be off a little.) Doesn't scrape anywhere. Nice ride. Not too much different from stock. Between the two, it has firmed up to be the way a Mustang SHOULD be.

So far, I'm very happy with the Pro's. I'd say get 'em!

I don't know what everyone hates so much about the GR-2's, either. :shrug:

I'm def. getting the Pro-Kit, when I have the money.

"I don't know what everyone hates so much about the GR-2's, either."
Maybe because some people think they are a "cheap" shock :shrug:. Well cheaper than Bilstein's or Koni's.

I've had the H&R Race springs (red) for a couple years now and the stance has been perfect on all four corners (no sagging at all). The Race springs should only lower about 1" to maybe 1.25", but to me it is not as low as the Pro-Kit or most other popular springs.

Do you have spring isolators? If not, putting them on could add a 1/4 inch or so.

I love the race springs and I'm able to successfully go over almost all speed bumps. Unfortunately, there's always some stupid place with either a speed bump way too tall (even for normal cars) OR with an entrance/exit that's crazy steep. 99% of the time, I have no issues at all even with an X pipe. If I had frequent issues, I would probably find another spring that is slightly taller or possibly go with adjustable rear lower control arms.

I'm curious what you decide on and then how it works out for you afterwards.

That makes no sense. Your tired of your steeda sports and want something higher so you springs that drop you more :shrug: ?

well i heard blistiens and H&R was a nice combo, but i cant find anything on which H&Rs since this forums search function sucks and we cant even search H&R, so i dont even know which particular springs they offer. and with the eibachs i was refering to the prokit, the eibachs suppose to be progressive and easier on the bumpy roads?

When searching for word (or letters) or only 3 use an * at the end. Example-egr* tube or h&r* springs. The springs you mentioned give you more of a drop (1.5 drop), steeda sport springs give the least drop at only 1' to 1-1/4'. Which is why it didn't make sense to me. To the OP it seems that steeda no longer offers the ultra light springs for our years any more just 05+.