Car Wont Start, Has Spark And Fuel

sprite

Mar 20, 2011
Lately my car has been giving me some problems and yesterday it decided to completely not start when I was trying to leave work. We checked and it has spark at the coil and spark at the distributor and we pressed the valve on the fuel rail and gas squirted out, so we have gas. All it does is just crank and crank. Some times it will fire and run like dog crap and if I turn it off it wont start again. Normally when the car is running, I have a check engine light that comes on for having no cats and when I can get it running now that check engine light doesnt come on at all, which makes me think this might be computer related?
Ive already replaced the ignition module a few months ago and I replaced the CCRM a few days ago.
Does anyone have any ideas what it can be?

• Sponsors (?)

There is no CEL for missing cats on the 94-95's as the O2 sensors are before the cats (only 2, 1 each side). I suspect the problem to be a failed PIP (Hall Effect sensor) in the distributor. Reman's are a poor replacement option these units.

My mistake on the light, it might of been a code for the egr, I can't remember right now. I just think its weird that when the cel is on the car runs fine, butright now while I have these problems the light stays off and doesn't come on.

pip/tfi is a good place to start. i would think TFI cause the pip can last through many failed tfi. also make sure the rotor is turning with the crank. i have heard of 4 wires heated 02s giving intermitten 12v to the pcm screwing things up bad. i would put a guage on the fuel rail, not just watch for gas spraying out lol. maybe IAC/MAF problem? good luck