car won't start when hot... help please???

BOTTLE_FED_FOX

Feb 9, 2008
i recently did some work to my car. i got gt-40p heads, tfs1 cam lifters and springs, 99explorer upper and lower, used 24s, pro m, and bbk adj reg. the car starts and idles with a little help from my right foot when it's cold. then it will hold an idle all day. but if i shut it off after it's warmed up it won't start. it will crank all day but nothin unless it sits for like 20-30 min. the timing is at 14 deg. the fuel is at 35 psi at idle. i noticed that the ear cracked across the #1 runner on the upper manifold so a buddy of mine is welding it for me as we speak. also when i took the upper off it wreaked like gas. i'm thinkin its loading up with fuel or somethin but i just don't know where to start. i havn't found a spot for the act sensor yet and the fuel pres. reg is in the way of plugging in the egr in, not that its doing anything anyway with that intake on there. so what it comes down to is i need all the help i can get.:bang: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have spark when it won't start?

If you do have spark, will it start if you floor the gas pedal while (and only while) cranking (while cranking, a floored gas pedal shuts off the injectors)?