Carb'd Engine Guys... Fuel System Questions...

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
Im bringing my car home and need to either see pictures or a pretty detailed description of exactly how you ran your fuel system from tank to carb.

I bought the mallory sending unit, and a new electric pump, filter and regulator. What im thinking about is how and why did you mount your filter before or after the pump... also, how and why did you mount your FPR where its at, where did you mount the pump etc...

i dont care if pictures are in MS paint, im just having a hard time searching and finding what im looking for.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Mine has a mechanical pump. I don’t think I have any pics of the old setup, but I will look at lunch.

Anything would help man.. as soon as i get it home im dropping the tank and going to work on this mofo. which reminds me.. how can i get rid of a 1/2 tank of 3 year old gas ?

Anything would help man.. as soon as i get it home im dropping the tank and going to work on this mofo. which reminds me.. how can i get rid of a 1/2 tank of 3 year old gas ?

I couldn’t find any. There is a dude on here that has almost the same setup I had. I'll see if I can find him. As for the gas, I don’t now.

I am running aeromotive 1000 pump and I have a before and after filter for the pump(its what aeromotive wants 10 micron and a 100 micron) and I am running a sumped (comp engineering weld in) stock tank with -10AN line for my feed and a -8AN return line w/ stock sending unit. I have my pump mounted to a bracket I fabbed which is mounted to the bumber support brace above the tank in the rear...

I am running aeromotive 1000 pump and I have a before and after filter for the pump(its what aeromotive wants 10 micron and a 100 micron) and I am running a sumped (comp engineering weld in) stock tank with -10AN line for my feed and a -8AN return line w/ stock sending unit. I have my pump mounted to a bracket I fabbed which is mounted to the bumber support brace above the tank in the rear...

I know my pump isnt that big, and ive heard that electric pumps are better pushers that pullers, so if i have the filter before the pump i might notice a drop in pressure.... anyone else heard this?

I never heard that, I had a holley blue and the filter was before it.

It was on another site i was checkin out a while ago. But the pump i got is the same as a holley blue, i think it goes up to 15 psi so im thinkin i should be fine mounting the filter before the pump, but i didnt want to do it and then have to take it all apart if i had low pressure.

It was on another site i was checkin out a while ago. But the pump i got is the same as a holley blue, i think it goes up to 15 psi so im thinkin i should be fine mounting the filter before the pump, but i didnt want to do it and then have to take it all apart if i had low pressure.

I never had a problem. I had my reg set a 8psi, and thats what the gauge showed.

...which reminds me.. how can i get rid of a 1/2 tank of 3 year old gas ?

you could pump it out with the pump, or drop the tank and dump it, then let it air dry...dropping the tank would get all but a little bit of it out, the only problem therein is that you'll probably have to get a new filler neck grommet, and keep it in a dry environment-rust forms quick!

I wouldn't worry so much about fuel pressure unless you're running big hp numbers and a huge cfm carb....most cars only need around 6-7psi of fuel so you're really just making sure that the supply is there on demand when you drop the hammer. I ran a filter before the pump on my old setup, and a small inline filter before the carb under the hood. The regulator was after the filter under the hood as well.

you could pump it out with the pump, or drop the tank and dump it, then let it air dry...dropping the tank would get all but a little bit of it out, the only problem therein is that you'll probably have to get a new filler neck grommet, and keep it in a dry environment-rust forms quick!

they sell a pump at wal-mart, or you can use some hose and suck on it till it comes out, then go throw up

they sell a pump at wal-mart, or you can use some hose and suck on it till it comes out, then go throw up

lol... its not getting the gas out that im worried about... i have a compressor at home that has a syphon on it, im wondering what to do with the gas once i have it outta the tank... i have an outside wood burning thingy i just think it would take forever to get rid of that much gas.

I was thinking of mixing it with a little oil every time i take oil to the parts place to recycle it, but i dont want them to blow up either.

lol... its not getting the gas out that im worried about... i have a compressor at home that has a syphon on it, im wondering what to do with the gas once i have it outta the tank... i have an outside wood burning thingy i just think it would take forever to get rid of that much gas.

I was thinking of mixing it with a little oil every time i take oil to the parts place to recycle it, but i dont want them to blow up either.

Mix it with oil and use it in an old weedeater?

It just hit me... We have a used oil tank here at work that they come and empty every few days. I bet i can pawn a bunch of it off in there without anyone getting blown up or anything.. as a mtter of fact, i might pay one of my techs to do it today since we have a tranny jack here.. then i can just take the tank home, put the new sending unit it it, paint it and the straps while im at it, then shove it back into place..