Carbon Fiber Wiper Cowl Cover

Novanutcase

Oct 21, 2007
Someone on another board is thinking of making a carbon fiber wiper cowl cover for '96 - '04 Mustangs. He wants to see how many people would be interested first. He's thinking of pricing it around $200 - $300. I might be interested since mine is cracked.

Any takers?

John

• Sponsors (?)

I hear carbon fiber is a PITA to paint, and I'd really have to see it before I made a call on yes or no because if it's not done right the carbon fiber can lack that uniform look, especially on something shaped like our cowls. Do you have any pictures of the guys previous work?

I hear carbon fiber is a PITA to paint, and I'd really have to see it before I made a call on yes or no because if it's not done right the carbon fiber can lack that uniform look, especially on something shaped like our cowls. Do you have any pictures of the guys previous work?

From what he is saying he and his dad are Airframe and Powerplant licensed and work for the Air Force. They aren't in the Air Force but they work for them.

He says his father used to be a wind tunnel model maker for Grumman. He says his father has vast experience in composite materials and production of composite components. I guess they are doing this as a joint venture.

He hasn't made one yet and is looking to see what sort of response there is to making more than one. I guess he wanted to make one for his car and figured he could recoup his money on it since the mold is made if he made enough of them.

John

It would be a cool deal for someone with a carbonfiber hood. I don't know how much a OEM piece costs but I think the market would be pretty small. Though carbon fiber looks cool I'm not really a fan of it and $200-$300 is pretty steep.

It would be a cool deal for someone with a carbonfiber hood. I don't know how much a OEM piece costs but I think the market would be pretty small. Though carbon fiber looks cool I'm not really a fan of it and $200-$300 is pretty steep.

On the sn95/sn95 2 platform they're about $180-$210 from LMR so it's not too expensive to go CF.

There's no point, it's not gonna be lighter than the plastic piece. IMO if you want a special touch on this piece, just paint it.

Price is way too high as well. Maybe if it was around 150 or so more people would bite.

There's no point, it's not gonna be lighter than the plastic piece. IMO if you want a special touch on this piece, just paint it.

Price is way too high as well. Maybe if it was around 150 or so more people would bite.

Not doing it for weight savings! It's more an accent piece. Especially for the guys whose cowl cover has cracked and don't want to have to pay $200+ for a new one from Ford or LMR.

This guy is willing to make a CF one for the same price more or less! Why not? I think it'll look REALLY cool! CF hood or not! He should have a proto in about a month or so.:D

John