Carlisle was bad ass!

notched86

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Ruckersville, VA
There was tons of neat stuff there. We saw the new ’05, concept and production cars, the new GT, the new V-10 Shelby Cobra, and a few other concepts up there. There was R models, Shelbys, 429s, and a slew of other rare cars up there. And of course parts and vendors galore.

Unfortunately the same thing happened this year as last year….it down poured all day Saturday, so I didn’t actually get up there until Sunday morning.

Well, the first people I ran into were the people from Forced4 with their SVO’s and a whole hatchback full of parts in case anyone needed anything. :D (was that Xanthru? It had New York License Plates) I talked to them for a little while, they’re really nice guys.

Later in the day I was watching the dyno runs when I saw a black lightning on the hill. I said, “Damn, that looks exactly like 351wcoupe’s L” I went over there to check it out and sure enough, Matt and Amanda were next to it. Talked with them for awhile, it was fun. Oh yeah, and the red head was Tvinson86, I was the dark haired guy with him. Kool Aid 4cyl was with us there this morning too, but we got separated and he just went home after awhile. He really wanted to meet you too Matt. Guess he’ll just see you at summer duck then. (are you going to test n tune this Thursday?)

There was also a TON of Merkurs there. Probably twice what they had last year. Those Merkur guys were crazy though. There was one Merkur with a twin turbo SHO Taurus motor, and another Merkur with a rear wheel drive SHO motor. There was even one there with a Volvo DOHC head swap! There was also a whole bunch of them with huge FMICs and hybrid turbos. Awesome stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah It was pretty good today (sunday) yesterday it rained a ton.
It was good to meet you guys. I was looking at the yellow coupe and the Turbo GT and this guy walked up and said he recognized me. It was JustCuz from TF and Paul Leduc was with him. They were as he put it "The backbone of turboford."

It was definately some good stuff there. While I was talking to you guys I missed the deal on the SVO trans, clutch, flywheel, bell, driveshaft. for $150.
But I found a few other deals check out the other post.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to hold you up like that. You've set Tyler (red head) on a mission though. He's franticilly trying to find that boost leak in his car now. He asked me if I wanted to go to his house tonight and take off his intercooler and all the plumbing to try to find the leak. I said, "eh, I'm a little tired from the show...last thing I want to do now is take off an intercooler and try to find this "mystery leak". It is dog slow with only 5 psi though, my '89 n/a could almost beat it!

Oh and did you see those 2 merks for sale? Sucks they were automatics though. :notnice:

notched86 said:
Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to hold you up like that. You've set Tyler (red head) on a mission though. He's franticilly trying to find that boost leak in his car now. He asked me if I wanted to go to his house tonight and take off his intercooler and all the plumbing to try to find the leak. I said, "eh, I'm a little tired from the show...last thing I want to do now is take off an intercooler and try to find this "mystery leak". It is dog slow with only 5 psi though, my '89 n/a could almost beat it!

Oh and did you see those 2 merks for sale? Sucks they were automatics though. :notnice:
hey no big deal. If I would have bought it I would have missed the good one. So Thanks a bunch thats the way it goes for me. It seems to always turn out better.
I looked at an 87 Merk that was hit in the front, rebuilt engine, but the car was in said shape. $1000/obo. The one I sold to stinger was in a whole lot better shape and was waaaayyyy cheaper.

I was thinking about his gas mileage on the drive home. I got about 16mpg in the lightning(which is pretty good) except when I was trying to race a firebird with a truckload of parts.lol I pulled on him pretty good though. :nice: You guys might take a more in depth look at why its getting such bad mileage. Part of making power is being effecient.

Another thought:
Let him know this before he goes crazy.
When I blew the vacuum caps off or when the intercooler hoses come lose the gauge still shows 15psi or whatever its set at.

If he has a vacuum gauge let me know how much vacuum you have at idle.
I would lean towards a wastegate problem.

His boost gauge has readings for vacuum, but at idle it always reads 0. I think whoever previously owned it just wired it up wrong or something. :shrug:
And come to think of it, I don't think his gas gauge works right either. With a full tank the gauge registers less than half a tank. I think a good tune up would help his car alot.

yeah, Carlisle was a good show. unfurtunetly i didn't get to see the whole show. i was only able to be there sunday and that day was even cut short because my dad and brother had to get home and get some stuff done. :(

too bad i missed you Matt, but i did see your truck on the hill. It looked pretty good but i was all the way down by the Dyno.

i wanted see more of the dyno too. as we(Notched, and Tvinson) got to the dyno a 04 cobra was coming off and i think it had 409 hourse power:banana:

and did any of you see the TC with 400Hp? too bad he was selling it for 12K

i bought a rear-veiw mirrior for 5 bucks (mine broke a week earlyer)and notched picked me up a center arm rest for 6:nice:

all and all it was a good show, and i even took almost 45 digital pics before the batteries died

351wcoupe said:
yeah It was pretty good today (sunday) yesterday it rained a ton.
It was good to meet you guys. I was looking at the yellow coupe and the Turbo GT and this guy walked up and said he recognized me. It was JustCuz from TF and Paul Leduc was with him. They were as he put it "The backbone of turboford."

It was definately some good stuff there. While I was talking to you guys I missed the deal on the SVO trans, clutch, flywheel, bell, driveshaft. for $150.
But I found a few other deals check out the other post.

it was good to meet you guys as well :)