• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

catted H-pipe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter farbyhardcore
  • Start date Start date Sep 14, 2005

farbyhardcore

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
98
0
0
East Coast
Sep 14, 2005
#1
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #1
I have been searching endlessly for an aftermarket H pipe with cats. I'm trying to stay away from an x pipe but those are the only ones i can find. There are plenty of off road h pipes around but i want one that i can put on and still be legal. Do you know of anyone that makes these?
 

'13_ImpactBlue_GT

Angry Little Elf
Mar 30, 2005
872
2
98
Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
Sep 14, 2005
#2
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #2
MAC has thier catted Prochamber and MRT has this http://mrt-direct.com/mustangracing/hpipe.php.
 
J

Jakes

New Member
May 8, 2004
84
0
0
Sep 14, 2005
#3
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #3
http://www.mustangracing.com/
 

farbyhardcore

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
98
0
0
East Coast
Sep 14, 2005
#4
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #4
Thanks alot! I've never seen that site before
 

BMan5150

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
309
0
16
Columbus, OH
Sep 14, 2005
#5
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #5
I have MRT's catted H-pipe and all I can say is the following:

*perfect fitment
*no MILs despite not having MIL eliminators (unlike Bassani's catted X pipe and really most other catted pipes)
*excellent sound when coupled with flowmaster 2-chambers (all i can speak for since that's what I have.)

I highly recommend paying the extra cash for this all stainless steel catted H-pipe (the only stainless catted H-pipe I'm aware of). Bassani is high quality but their cats must not be as efficient/etc since many people still needed MIL eliminators even with the catted version. My brother has the catted bassani X pipe and this was his experience.
 

Mr GT 02

New Member
Apr 8, 2004
548
0
0
Peabody, MA
Sep 14, 2005
#6
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #6
I have a MAC catted H-pipe (NOT the prochamber) and it sounds mean! You can find it here www.jdsperformance.com
The prochamber is retarded and its like having a third muffler....
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Sep 14, 2005
#7
  • Sep 14, 2005
  • #7
BMan5150 said:
I have MRT's catted H-pipe and all I can say is the following:

*perfect fitment
*no MILs despite not having MIL eliminators (unlike Bassani's catted X pipe and really most other catted pipes)
*excellent sound when coupled with flowmaster 2-chambers (all i can speak for since that's what I have.)

I highly recommend paying the extra cash for this all stainless steel catted H-pipe (the only stainless catted H-pipe I'm aware of). Bassani is high quality but their cats must not be as efficient/etc since many people still needed MIL eliminators even with the catted version. My brother has the catted bassani X pipe and this was his experience.
Click to expand...
The MRT H pipe is THE H pipe all others should be judged against.
 

Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
Sep 15, 2005
#8
  • Sep 15, 2005
  • #8
 

farbyhardcore

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
98
0
0
East Coast
Sep 15, 2005
#9
  • Sep 15, 2005
  • #9
BMan5150 said:
I have MRT's catted H-pipe and all I can say is the following:

*perfect fitment
*no MILs despite not having MIL eliminators (unlike Bassani's catted X pipe and really most other catted pipes)
*excellent sound when coupled with flowmaster 2-chambers (all i can speak for since that's what I have.)

I highly recommend paying the extra cash for this all stainless steel catted H-pipe (the only stainless catted H-pipe I'm aware of). Bassani is high quality but their cats must not be as efficient/etc since many people still needed MIL eliminators even with the catted version. My brother has the catted bassani X pipe and this was his experience.
Click to expand...

Do you still pass emissions at DMV?
 

Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
Sep 16, 2005
#10
  • Sep 16, 2005
  • #10
Mine did
 

blueovalguy

Active Member
Aug 20, 2002
1,364
0
36
York Haven, Pa.
Sep 16, 2005
#11
  • Sep 16, 2005
  • #11
Another vote for the MRT catted H-pipe!
 

BMan5150

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
309
0
16
Columbus, OH
Sep 16, 2005
#12
  • Sep 16, 2005
  • #12
farbyhardcore said:
Do you still pass emissions at DMV?
Click to expand...

We don't have emmissions testing in my area of the country (Columbus, OH) but it would pass since I believe the latest greatest emmissions testing involves a visual inspection of the presence of cats (which I have) and a scan of your engine's diagnostic system (which I have no MILs).

It's seriously a great pipe. I've already been through one winter with it and the thing looks brand new other than a tiny bit of rust (and I mean tiny) around some of the welds. Put another way, my stock catback pipes and flowmaster mufflers are a stark comparison to the MRT h-pipe.

I spoke to MRT about their pipe before I bought it. Although they could not tell me who their manufacturer was, they did tell me that the company is a major exhaust manufacturer located in California. Is that Magnaflow????? Might be. . . I even think the Magnaflow rep hinted to me in a thread one time this was the case but I'm not totally certain.

Now I just need to get a new full catback system to compliment my sweet H-pipe! Sure wish Flowmaster made a SS system. Still might go with their american thunder system since i'm so addicted to the sound.
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Sep 16, 2005
#13
  • Sep 16, 2005
  • #13
BMan5150 said:
I spoke to MRT about their pipe before I bought it. Although they could not tell me who their manufacturer was, they did tell me that the company is a major exhaust manufacturer located in California. Is that Magnaflow????? Might be. . . I even think the Magnaflow rep hinted to me in a thread one time this was the case but I'm not totally certain.

Now I just need to get a new full catback system to compliment my sweet H-pipe! Sure wish Flowmaster made a SS system. Still might go with their american thunder system since i'm so addicted to the sound.
Click to expand...
No emissions here in FL either...
The MRT H is made by JBA...at least that's what the paperwork said when I rec'd mine...I can't remember exactly what paperwork I received or what I saw, but the proverbial light bulb went off and I said, ahh...JBA.
The Flowmaster AT catback with the MRT midpipe are are a great combo. A perfect tone IMO...nothing 'ratty' sounding about it. Pretty quiet at idle, beautiful tone when accellerating, wicked when wound up. I am totally pleased with my choice.
 

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
1,461
1
39
Baltimore, MD
Sep 16, 2005
#14
  • Sep 16, 2005
  • #14
Mrt
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Problems after exhaust install and 02 harness
  • djj62478
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
39
Views
748
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
4v cobra exhaust compatibility
  • Kid wita 5oh
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
447
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 30, 2026
squeak93
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
200
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
J
O2 sens
  • JJ's90fox
  • Sep 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
231
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2025
Mustang5L5
S
1998 Mustang Gt Rattling sound, cannot locate. Video included
  • studerman1
  • Mar 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
334
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 1, 2026
studerman1
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?