Centerforce Dual Friction DF clutch installed....

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Sorry for the extra long title but i wanted to make a new thread for those in the future who search(like i did a million times) and i know some people only search the titles.

Anywho, i got mine installed and the pedal stiffness is NIGHT and DAY between it and the spec stage 1 i had in there before. The Ford Racing HD clutch is supposed to be stiffer than the spec and my god....i can only imagine how hard it is. But i could hardly believe how easy this one is to press. I'll love it for city driving and in stop-n-go traffic as that spec gave me a decent workout. Not sure how im gonna like it racing, well see after the break in period.

Oh yea, this is with the same stuff....same cable....pivot ball....etc. So its a fairly good comparison on pedal stiffness between the two.

Happy Gear Bangin!

• Sponsors (?)

Holy crap! If the CF is softer than the stage 1 ... I'd hate to imagine what the stage 1 is like.

Then again, I had my CF in a Ranger with a hydraulic setup. Maybe alot different, lol. It was like trying to press your foot into a brick wall.

Glad to hear it worked out well for ya' though Nate.

Sorry for the extra long title but i wanted to make a new thread for those in the future who search(like i did a million times) and i know some people only search the titles.

Anywho, i got mine installed and the pedal stiffness is NIGHT and DAY between it and the spec stage 1 i had in there before. The Ford Racing HD clutch is supposed to be stiffer than the spec and my god....i can only imagine how hard it is. But i could hardly believe how easy this one is to press. I'll love it for city driving and in stop-n-go traffic as that spec gave me a decent workout. Not sure how im gonna like it racing, well see after the break in period.

Oh yea, this is with the same stuff....same cable....pivot ball....etc. So its a fairly good comparison on pedal stiffness between the two.

Happy Gear Bangin!

What kind of hp are you making with your car?

Paul

Not much of anything right now....its only a explorer motor with a Ed C. turbo cam.

And i thought hydraulic setups were easier than cable? Somethin else must be wrong or something. I have no idea how hydraulic setups even work though lol :loo:

They usually are easier.

Well, as you know ... the mechanical/cable setups are as easy as that. The clutch fork is moved in / out via all the linkages.

Hydro has a master cylinder and slave cylinder. Some still have a clutch fork. But some use a release bearing only. Most hydro's are not adjustable.

Happy Gear Bangin!

Glad you like it, I TRY to tell people about the clutch and it's light pedal, but some don't buy it and see for theirselves...

But you did:nice:

I like mine, and so do my stang buddies...

Glad you like it, I TRY to tell people about the clutch and it's light pedal, but some don't buy it and see for theirselves...

But you did:nice:

I like mine, and so do my stang buddies...

yea u've got another believer. I read A LOT of your posts in the past about the clutch. One of the main reasons i wanted it was the things u said about it. No regrets here!:flag: