cervini body kit

jhr302

Feb 11, 2007
ok so , i dont know if this would be a technical question or just a stupid one , at the moment i cant afford to have my body kit painted , i was wondering if i could spray paint it with something kike the krylon paint or what , just so i don't have a fresh body kit unpainted on my car ? i want to get the kit on before something happens to it , please help if you can :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Can you do that? Sure.
Should you? Probably not. Makes more work for later, plus it'll more than likely not match in color or finish, etc.

im not much of a show guy , so the car is only gonna be semi gloss black , like ive always said looks dont make it go , but i understand what your saying , the stock gt body kit is pretty much falling off on its own , the brackets an all rusted an in pieces , you can pull the side skirts out an see all the rust in the pockets of the skirts

Ok. I don't know if these are technical questions or just stupid ones.

If the body is so rusted, why did you invest in a new body kit?

If you don't care about looks, why did you invest in a new body kit?

i said the brackets were rusted , an the body kit was was falling off , the body kit itself was a gift from my wife. so like i said i want to get it on the car before something happens to it , the body itself is in really good shape , minus the normal rust spots ( along the lower hatch area ,

I had a flat black Thunderbird when I was 17, I had the body work professionally done but couldn't afford the paint so I spray bombed it. As long as the black has a good surface to stick to I don't think you should have any problems. When it starts to look ugly, just pull out the spray bomb and fix er up.
I wouldn't normally recommend this but its your car and you have to enjoy it, who cares what everybody thinks. I think we all need to remind ourselves every now and then its just a car, metal, rubber and glass.