Cervinis stalker bumper warping

DKeen

Dec 6, 2004
I recently bought a cervinis stalker bumper in urethane from a member on the board, a few parts of it are warped, especially the grill part (its kind of caved in)

This bumper has never been mounted, and I'm just wondering if this a common problem. I'm going to try and heat gun and move the warped parts back to how they belong, but I'm afraid they will just warp again on my car.

any input?

Thanks, Dan

• Sponsors (?)

I have a bumper from restro5.0 and it's the same way. After sitting in the closet for alittle less then a year, the bump has lessen. I was thinking about heating it up, but I'll wait and see how things are when it's ready to be put on. The rear bumper was fine....

Fred

My stock front bumper is heat warped already and was thinking about getting the stalker bumper. My front bumper is probably heat warped from the florida sun. Does anyone recommend the stalker front bumper?Or should i just go with a factory one.

blackstangt said:
even the stock ones warp, only a different material might not...

the thing is that the stalker has a urehane headlight panel, so that sags too. The whole bumper seems sag down and pull from the fenders in some cases.

blackstangt said:
even the stock ones warp, only a different material might not...

yeah, but it's kinda expected that a old stock one would have a flaw....But Cervinis charges like $600.00 for a front bumper and are supposed to be the top s h i t.

I am in the middle of ordering one or not.

Flavadave4 said:
id say mount it and see if you can straighten it from there.....i thought they made really good stuff?

Maybe cause it sat around with no support?

Yeah, I think I might try and attach some metal support sheets in certain spots to keep it straight. It's annoying though...

How does that work the orignal is fiber glass. I like the looks of the stalker front bumper but the more i read the more i will probaly just buy a stock one to replace this one . The only reason im looking to replace it is cause some lady back into me and took out the fender and the corner of the nose.

Euphoric306 said:
88306stang the stock bumper is urethane not fiberglass
I know that it is urethane. But i was looking to replace it cause of the accident and the heat warping across the top of it and the headlight mounting panel is all busted up in that corner. That is why i was thinking about buying the stalker front bumper I figure after i buy the front bumper and the headlight mounting panel will probaly be as much as the stalker front bumper.