Change the pulley and raise the boost/HP?

Googlebee

Apr 17, 2010
Reno Nv
Hey guys....

I had my Edelbrock E-Force installed a few days back, and I'm happy, but not quite satisfied with the power increase. (Not 7 grand satisfied!)

So...

Im told i can do the JDM upgrade kit...or i can simply just put a smaller pulley on, raise the boost, and get it dyno tuned....(Which is cheaper than the JDM upgrade kit- which includes the GT500 Fuel System)

What I simply need here is advice. For one I'm new to this whole supercharger thing....and 2, id really prefer to not destroy my motor..

I'm at 4300 FT elevation atm....and I do visit near Sacramento which is at sea level once or twice a year.

So the pulley/tune would need to only be a modest upgrade. (I was thinking like 8lbs max?) E-Force came out of the box with 5.

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

A slightly smaller blower pulley and tune might net you somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-45 rwhp.

I swapped my stock 3" pulley on my 09 GT500 with a VMP 2.6" pulley, and picked up around 50-60 rwhp.

The stock internals on 3V motors will hold up until you start to get deeper into the 400's for rwhp/torque, at that point it's pretty much consensus you are living on borrowed time.

I have seen claims that for every psi of boost you increase on 3V motors you can expect to gain about 10 rwhp.

If you aren't happy with the way the car "feels" more so than the acutal HP numbers, try a gear swap to 3.73's or 4.10's. With the positive displacement blowers gears make a HUGE seat of the pants difference.

I bet if you pulley swap and tune, then change gears you will be VERY pleased with the feel......anything more than that and you better start building a shortblock. :rlaugh:

Also on 8lbs of boost on stock 3V, you won't need to upgrade fuel system. Stock system will work just fine.

wow, 7K for a s/c and you didnt get a KB???????

you can up the boost. most of the 05 and up cars will hold 500 rwhp easily on a good tune for quiet a while before you have any problems. i'd shoot for about 12 PSI and get it tuned again