• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Changing Cams

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllon4whls
  • Start date Start date Jun 22, 2008

hllon4whls

BANNED
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,567
0
46
Covington
Jun 22, 2008
#1
  • Jun 22, 2008
  • #1
I have a bad bank 2 camshaft where the lifter failed and took the camshaft with it. I am going to order a stock replacement cam for that side and change it. I have the procedure, am ordering the parts, but I need the tools.

I intend to take the camshaft out without removing the front timing cover. I'll need the following tools.
OTC 303-1175 and OTC 303-1039

I can not find the 1039 valve spring compressor anywhere on the web. I can get an OTC 7928, which to me looks like a 2v compressor. Will it work on the 3 valve? I prefer the 1039 threaded style, but need what works.

One more thing I need the bolt that holds the sprockt and the VCT on the camshaft. I cant find the part number.

Thanks!
 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
Jun 23, 2008
#2
  • Jun 23, 2008
  • #2
Are you on F150 Online?
 

hllon4whls

BANNED
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,567
0
46
Covington
Jun 24, 2008
#3
  • Jun 24, 2008
  • #3
ThumperMX113 said:
Are you on F150 Online?
Click to expand...

Uh...no

Well yes really.
 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
Jun 24, 2008
#4
  • Jun 24, 2008
  • #4
I thought so.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
434
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
G
Engine Pushrod Length Question
  • germain101
  • Sep 22, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
636
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 25, 2025
Noobz347
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
437
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
631
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?