cheap az muffler shops !!!

whyask

New Member
Apr 4, 2005
735
1
0
Sacramento
I need to vent, ok so last weeek I went into a local muffler shop to get my magnaflows welded in cause I was running O/R h and no muffs. so they get put on, about week later I open her on the free way and it sounds like there is a f***n lawn mower under me, So I take an exstended lunch and get it up on the rack at my buddy shop.. HOLY ****ZA, people are dumb the person who welded the mufflers on also welded the clamps on and then the welds were so crappy they opened up at WOT..

Oh and chris the gasket gave way again, we threw a new one in and VOLLA !

But none the less... the reaseon for my venting, I HATE FIXING OTHERS MISTAKES, since I paid the muffler shop 100 bucks and then they screw me like that! :notnice: :notnice: DAMN THEM ! ok much better !!!

(CHRIS WE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT):nice: :nice:
 
Hahah i knew it, cuz we we finished it sounded damn good (leaks wise). Figures about the gasket, ones that come w/ the pipes never work too well - which is why it sux that the stock metal one didn't work for you cuz iv used it w/ my x pipe for 3 years w/ no probs. That's hilarious about the welds. And yeah, i guess we did everything right except putting the MIL's on the forward 02"s:rlaugh:

Glad to hear your exhaust fiasco is over, and you car is solid
 
So.... your shop worked on this car (poorly) and you now laugh about it?

I didn't do any of the muffler work he's complaining about. He bought an o/r h-pipe that i had laying around and since he lived kinda close instead of shipping it i said he could drive down here and I'd put it on. Well we put it on, had a leak, changed out the gasket and no leak so he was good to go. Only thing we forgot is that we put the MIL's on the 02 extensions when it needed to go onto the rear 02's instead. We did this in my garage, im a colege student not a shop owner:p It was after this that he put in the mufflers at that shop and had the leak problems.
 
ya I needed a quick fix for a muffler install, I got pulled over the day we did the O/R h install and I just wanted to get the cops of my back.

The shop was just some random shop, today I got it fixed for good and man oh man she purrs VERY NICE (Borat Voice)
 
off of zinfendel and 50, its by jiffy lube on the left hand side..cant remeber the name, but they are shady, half the guys there dont know what there talking about...."wow a mustang, is this the V10 model" ...."ummm sure it is".... WTF , you think I would have caught on there, BUT NO !