Cheap fix for front bumper that broke off when I got the car stuck in a ditch.

Hello:

I made the mistake of trying to reverse out of a stuck-in-a-ditch situation and cracked off one side of the front bumper (2015 GT). I can't really afford to have the whole thing replaced right now, so I was looking for a cheap fix to get it stuck back on. I tried a plastic putty that dries very hard. That worked until I drove off. The roads in South Carolina are really bad, so I face a lot of bumps going to work. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S. I'm new here and this is my first post, so if there is a better spot to post this kind of thread, please let me know.

Attachments

• bumper 1.jpg
    bumper 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 514
  • bumper 2.jpg
    bumper 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 356
  • Sponsors (?)

That quick release option looks janky to me. There has to be a way to glue a piece of aluminum angle at the top edge with 3m PBA 8115. The stuff takes a couple days to cure but is awesome at bonding stuff. The angle would have to be trimmed down and bent to fit the basic shape of the part that tore. That's to use the factory bumper stay that's mounted to the fender.

The reason ford designed the pumper to tear at that point is to avoid damage to the fender in a minor crash.

I'd hate to do anything that compromised the outer appearance of the car.

A body shop tech might have an ingenious idea to get that bumper back on.