Cheapest place to get dual exhaust tailpipe hanger set??

stackz

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2001
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Finally got my 88lx 2.3 turbo up and running and now I'm finishing off the exhaust. I got a set of mac polished OEM style LX tailpipes but I need the complete tailpipe hanger setup.

Mustang Unlimited wants 99 damn dollars for those four little brackets!!! there's GOT to be a cheaper place to get them. I want new or used if I have to but I want to get them all at once and with the rubber hangers.

anyone else had to get them and found them cheaper feel free to post where you found them at??

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

they dont have the factory hangers which is what I want. They only stock universal hangers. Every time in the past I've taken a car and the shops have put on universal hangers there's been an angle problem or something or another wrong with the exhaust.

I want factory so I know it's right. peace of mind is worth a million dollars vs. bubba gump eyeballing it and then welding it on...

but damn! $99 is a bit much for 4 little brackets...

stackz said:
peace of mind is worth a million dollars vs. bubba gump eyeballing it and then welding it on...

but damn! $99 is a bit much for 4 little brackets...

Contradicting??

:shrug: I think their that expensive because they are factory. Once Again :shrug: , i would make my own, but that would be bubba gump eyeballing it.

lol, no, now that I have my hangers and can properly hang the tail pipes, I'm going to do the rest of my exhaust myself.

just going to toss the car up on the forklift and whip out the mig welder.

I was "going" to as a last resort let an exhaust shop do the universal hangers if I couldn't find an oem set new or used for the price I wanted that way if they screwed up I'd be able to bitch at them and make them redo it until I was happy....versus having to cut and reweld, etc myself. I know...it's wrong but eh :rolleyes:

stackz said:
lol, no, now that I have my hangers and can properly hang the tail pipes, I'm going to do the rest of my exhaust myself.

just going to toss the car up on the forklift and whip out the mig welder.

I was "going" to as a last resort let an exhaust shop do the universal hangers if I couldn't find an oem set new or used for the price I wanted that way if they screwed up I'd be able to bitch at them and make them redo it until I was happy....versus having to cut and reweld, etc myself. I know...it's wrong but eh :rolleyes:

I think the part about the forklift is the best part of the story. :D

A competent shop will install the hangers in the factory position, and I can't tell the difference between my after market hangers on the passenger side and the factory ones on the driver side. Maybe I should really study them.

A competent shop will have everything you need to do your exhaust right away and you won't even need to run a thread on it. I've got 3 here local I know of that do good work.

GA i s paradise. :D