cheapest way to do black interior swap?

jmd2914

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2002
Napa, California
ive always wanted to do a black interior swap and ive been rolling around the idea of just piecing together a full interior and painting/dyeing all the parts black that needed to be. would this be the least expensive way to go? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Paint: Dash, console, quarter trim panels.

Replace: Carpet, seats, and door panels, seat belts.

Some have painted door panels, and that's fine if you do a good prep job and use good paint. I was worried about them holding up, so personally, I peiced together black door panel parts from my yard, and Ebay. I also had my headliner recovered at a local trim shop for 45 dollars. That's cheap and it looks excellent. You could try painting that too. I painted my rear seat belts. I used the 81 lap belts, so nobody will every see them or use them. But if I pull them out they are black. It made the really stiff, but they come out and recoil just fine.

I taped off my upper dash where it was black already and attacked the grey with paint reducer and a rag, and all the grey washed away and now I have an all black dash (it was 1991) FYI.

and I baught the rest of the stuff and dyed my rear panels where no one sits anyway.