Check Engine Light Came On Today

• Sponsors (?)

I found a vacuum line that had popped loose. I think that was the P0401 codes remedy. I cleared the codes and took the car for a short drive. No CES but I rechecked the codes anyway.

I: The P1000 code is still in there. Could this be due to having the rear O2 sensors turned off with the tuner?

Me: Yeah, I think that is it. Turn the rear O2s on an install MILs and they will likely go away with some mileage. Thanks me, for all the help.

I: Oh, no problem. You probably should have Google searched it a bit more before posting.

Me: Yeah, you're probably right. Don't get so panicky next time.

Last edited:
Does your OBD2 reader check the readiness monitors?

If so, scan it and look at the O2 Monitors. Do they say incomplete or complete? Put a few miles on the car and recheck.

If they continue to say incomplete, then that is why you keep getting the P1000 code.

Does your OBD2 reader check the readiness monitors?

If so, scan it and look at the O2 Monitors. Do they say incomplete or complete? Put a few miles on the car and recheck.

If they continue to say incomplete, then that is why you keep getting the P1000 code.

This, your computer needs to have a clean slate to eliminate the pending code, or you just fix the issue, reset the code/batteries and drive it normally. Usually it takes either a really long drive or several drives with the engine seeing different RPM's and road speeds.