Check Engine Light Come And Goes But No Code Reading With Scan Tool

fadee

Nov 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

Background:
I m driving 2013 standard mustang v6 3.7L, 46000 KM, Not under warranty.

Problem:
My Check engine light goes, start blinking and car start shaking as well like misfiring or somthing is wrong with engine (This happen only on When I drive on very high RMP no high speed only when I go from normal to high RPM) Check engine light goes when i restart my car and then everything work fine.

This already have happen 3 times but car still working fine. I try to scan my car code (OBD2 scanner) but not code is appearing. Please please help me out

One mechanic have said that this is related to catalyst converter but he wasn't sure

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey there Fadee, welcome. I'm having the same problem, but I'm working on it. So at this point I can't / won't offer any help. But I'm waiting for parts that should arrive tomorrow, and if all goes well, I'll pass on the info.

Word of warning though, the flashing CEL (Check Engine Light) is BAD. Most people recommend pulling over immediately and getting towed to your favorite repair shop. My favorite repair shop is in my driveway. So that's where it's been the past few days awaiting parts. So shot me a line tomorrow (in case I forget) and I'll let you know if I'm back on the road or not.

Best of luck!

Glenn

Blinking check engine light indicates a very severe misfire.

There still should be some stored codes present even if the check engine light goes away. What are you using to pull the codes? A basic reader, or a scanner with a few more bells and whistles that can see code history?

Anything you can think of that would cause a bad misfire? Have you done any modifications? Different spark plugs? Any underhood damage that you can see?

Wow sounds serious. Sorry your vehicle isn't under warranty. I was thinking someone changed your rev limiter to allow you to go in the red, between 7000 & 8000rpm. Sounds like people are saying it's an engine misfire. Hope you got that sorted out and with not too much $