Chicago area Mustang value?

frankbullitt

Aug 14, 2004
Sadly the time has come to sell my '87 LX 5.0 Hatch. We're moving into a fixerupper, and the boss only wants one project. Since I have not done much with it the past 6 years since my oldest daughter was born, she says "It goes!" The bright side is that when it goes, I can start looking for the clean 91-93 LX convertible of my dreams.

I've had plenty of people stop to ask if it's for sale, but I have no idea of a realistic asking price. It's your typical midwest daily driver- straight, but rust behind the wheel arches in front, bubbling at the bottom of the doorskins, rust on the hatch lid, faded interior. The drivetrain is truly virgin- I've owned it since new, it has less than 100K non-abusive miles(really)- I've never even removed the intake silencer.

I still have have a soft spot in my heart for it, but I know I don't have the time, resources or money to restore it.

If I may pick your brains, what do ya'll think is a fair price?BTW, I/m sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot, but I figured those of us in the midwest would have the most realistic idea of value. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

'87 you say..... damnnn. thats oldness. rust ehh. faded interior!!?? :nono: color? AND its completely STOCK still....oooooo. Lets be real here... $500--750 maybe. A G would be really lucky but go for it, Id be happy with that..thats just my 2¢.

:flag: